cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation query

Lurchercrazy

Activation query

Hello can anyone help? I signed up and my phone line is up and running, my router has a connection and the lights are on but it won't let me access the Internet. The connection is clearly there but I just cannot access the net. It's showing downstream and upstream connections but I cannot do anything. The router says its connected but no Internet. I have green light adsl but red light Internet.
Help???!!!!  Huh
11 REPLIES 11
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Activation query

Plusnet have probably yet to receive confirmation of order completion and they then activate your line - was order completion scheduled for tomorrow?
I suggest giving the CSC a ring (0800 432 0200) and ask them to activate your line. Assuming BT have completed the administration side of their task (routing information) you should then be able to connect to Plusnet and the Internet.
The downside is that charging for your service will start as soon as Plusnet activate your line even if the BT work is incomplete so your can't connect. However in your shoes I'd be inclined to take the risk. Your call though.
David
David
Lurchercrazy

Thankyou. I called them and they said they would text me when it's up and running ??! But the phone line etc is working.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Your broadband is due to become active on the 10th, I'm sorry if you weren't told this when you phoned us.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lurchercrazy

Is there nothing I can do to get it activated now? I have everything up and running and ready to go. I've seen other people on the forum have been activated early. I do not mind paying from today's date regardless I just want my broadband active?!
Lurchercrazy

My modem is showing a live adsl line. So I don't understand what is preventing it going live. I was told if I used my own router etc it would be quicker and I also paid an up front activation fee.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

BT have to do back end stuff to configure routing of your connection on their systems. If that's not done yet PN can't enable your account.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As above Smiley If the routing at the exchange hasn't been done yet (unfortunately we've no way of knowing until the order is marked as complete) then even though you're in sync your username won't route the connection through to our servers and you won't be able to connect.
Lurchercrazy

It does say complete.
Lurchercrazy

Quote from: Matt
As above Smiley If the routing at the exchange hasn't been done yet (unfortunately we've no way of knowing until the order is marked as complete) then even though you're in sync your username won't route the connection through to our servers and you won't be able to connect.

My order says this:

Account Summary

Date Order Number Product Cost Order Status Other Links
03/12/2012 BP02059751 Extra with included 60GB bandwidth £11.49(monthly) Complete
 View order status
 Upgrade
 Data transfer usage
 Update payment details
03/12/2012 N/A Talk Evenings & Weekends £13.99(monthly) Active
 Change product
 Top-up credit
 Home Phone control panel
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry that relates to the status of the account with us (i.e not the connection).
The broadband order is definitely due to complete on the 10th, I've double checked this on our suppliers systems just to be certain.
I've activated the account on our side for you which means that you may now be able to connect but this isn't something we can guarantee until the order completes, also please be aware this also means that we would not be able to raise any faults with the service if any issues occur (again until the order completes).
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lurchercrazy

No problem. Just spoke to someone and it's now all active and working. Thanks anyway.