cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation nightmare - please help

wiped1989

Activation nightmare - please help

So I recently moved house and placed an order for a house move.
I was told my broadband would go active on October 23, but when I got back from a work training course on October 25, I got no internet.
I was told that the order had failed and the following Monday was told a new order had been placed which would go live on November 11. I was not happy about this delay.
An hour later I had an email to say it had been cancelled AGAIN. So I emailed expressing my unhappiness and my wish to cancel and go with BT, which quoted me a November 6th activation.
I then had a call from someone more senior from PlusNet apologising profusely and stressed that they would place a new order to go active on November 4th (today).
Went home at lunchtime, and my dual-band TP-Link box is still showing no internet. The problem is, I have no idea what settings it needs for PlusNet or what steps I might have to take to get internet, because despite all this catastrophic handling of my account, I STILL have had no confirmation that my line is active, nor any instructions on how to set my router up to get internet. So I've got no idea if it's live now, when it will go live, and what to do with my router now or then.
You just couldn't make it up. It's dreadful all round. If anyone can give me any information about what to do to check when I get home tonight that would be a big help.
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Activation nightmare - please help

Broadband Username/Login name    username@plusdsl.net
Connection Type / Encapsulation    PPPoA /PPP over ATM
Virtual Path Identifier (VPI)    0
Virtual Channel Identifier (VCI)    38
Multiplexing method    VC Based / VCMUX / VC-Multiplexing
A member of the PlusNet Digital Care team should be able to tell you if your line is active now.
wiped1989

Thanks very much AndyH, I will give that a whirl (if I can figure out how!)
As for my line, is anyone from PlusNet able to see if my line is active yet? That would help me figure out if my lack of internet is PlusNet's end or my wifi box being setup incorrectly.
wiped1989

I just spoke to a tech support woman from PlusNet who informs me the activation has failed again. Unbelievable.
Suffice to say I'm cancelling and have already placed an order with BT.
Goodbye PlusNet. Thanks for nothing (literally).
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi wiped1989,
I'm really sorry for the further delay to the order that has been placed. If there is anything further I can do to help, please do let me know - I'm sorry to see you go but understand your reason for it.