cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation/hardware order - average times?

rockintone
Grafter

Activation/hardware order - average times?

Hi all,
I signed up for PN last Monday (12/11/07) and so far only the first two boxes on my order tracker have been ticked green.  My hardware (free wireless router) order states that it has not yet been placed and my line status still says activating your line "this will take place asap...".
How long does it normally take to send out the hardware and also get a date for the migration of the line?
Any comments appreciated ;).
Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Activation/hardware order - average times?

It's usually 7-10 days; I imagine someone from PlusNet's Comms team will have a look at your account and provide a definitive answer, though that might be tomorrow.  Please be patient.
David
Not applicable

Have you made finance arrangements via direct debit? If so, connection can be slower than using a credit or debit card. It can take only 7 to 10 days if using the latter.
rockintone
Grafter

Hi all,
Thanks for the posts.  I chose to pay for my initial order by debit card/credit card (the quickest option) and then by direct debit thereafter.  I know that the direct debit is set up as my online banking shows it.  I will leave it until tomorrow and chase or raise a ticket.
Just wondered what most peoples expeirences were. (I would have thought the hardware would have been ordered by know?)
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Looks like the order completed in the early hours of this morning, so you should be able to connect with your new username and password.
Your hardware has been ordered this morning too, so should be with you within the next couple of days.
rockintone
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
That was quick, I thought you normally were given soem notice for the change over - not a complaint just a comment?
I have just phoned the wife at home and she is unable to connect to the internet therefore it looks like the switch has been made (from orange).  I assume I will be able to use my existing router (speedtouch - either net not usb) to connect to plus net once I change the username and password etc?
Otherwise I will be without internet access until my wireless router arrives.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, you certainly can - the username will be the username you've selected for the account, followed by '@plusdsl.net' and the password your account password. As soon as these are entered into the router you should be able to connect.
Hope that helps,
rockintone
Grafter

Hi again,
I have just logged on to "My Questions" and see that I have an open question (not logged by me - automatic I assume):-
"Question topic: Your question | ID: 23412323  Open
Your comment 8:01am, Monday 19th November 2007
This is a migration regrade account and the migration has completed successfully. The customer has chosen to have the maximum speed their line can support. A regrade order will be submitted automatically for this request free of charge.

Your comment 9:00am, Monday 19th November 2007
(internal note) Automatic regrade process: The current BT product for this account could not be determined"
Is this something that I should be concerned about?Huh

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's nothing to worry about, it means that there was a blip in the system and your automated order to regrade to max following the migration hadn't been picked up by BT. This would have been picked up by our provisioning team later on today but I've placed the order for you, you should be on the max service tomorrow morning.
EDIT: forgot to say, you'll need to reboot the router in the morning in order to pick up the new speed, and will be subject to the 10 day training period where the line settles in to its maximum possible stable speed.
Hope that helps,
rockintone
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt response.
Just to clarify, I assume I will be able to connect to the internet (plus net broadband) today once I change my router settings?  Or are you saying that I won't have access until tomorrow?
Rebooting my router tomorrow wont be a problem as I switch off every evening.
Regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Oh you'll be able to connect fine today, but on the 2mb ipstream product. It won't be on the up to 8mb service until tomorrow.
rockintone
Grafter

Thanks, will let you know if I have any problems.
Cheers
rockintone
Grafter

Hi,
Connected ok via my router last night on the 2mb stream.  Rebooted my router this morning (08:10) as suggested and did a speed test and got the following results:-
Download - 1893    Huh  Upload - 382.
This seems strange as the upload speed has increased from the 2mb line speed (usually around the 235 mark for me) but the download speed is what I would normally expect if I was still on the 2mb speed.  I have asked my wife to retry the speedtest and I got a very similar result at 11:00am today.
Any ideas why my download speeds are so low as I would expect them to be in the region of 6mb?
Regards
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What is the sync speed showing on your router?
It takes 3 days for the IP Profile to update once you have synced at a higher rate for this period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Hi Rockintone,
I've mapped your speed profile of 6000Kbps on our systems.  If you reboot your router, you should then see an improvement in speeds.