cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed with 'stuck frames'. Should phone line be dead too?

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Activation failed with 'stuck frames'. Should phone line be dead too?

The ticket is with our Faults Team now who will get this picked up and will be in touch with you to discuss the next course of action with you.
There's plenty of information on the ticket for our Faults Team to work off.
danyulo
Grafter

OK thanks very much Chris
danyulo
Grafter

Hi,
Please can I ask when I can expect progress and an update on Question #76427347?
There has been no update there at all today (apart from mine) and we are approaching the end of the working day.  That is another day without broadband at my house.
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's more than likely going to be tomorrow that this get picked up, our faults team do work them in a queue system and will respond to yours as soon as possible.
danyulo
Grafter

OK thanks Chris
danyulo
Grafter

Hello,
Is there anyone that could define the acronyms and terminology in this latest update to my failed activation, reported first on 25/10 please?
"RADIUS: NOT CONNECTED
CLT, TAM & NIC: Pass
Problem Explanation: [NS20] The circuit is not in sync.
Resolution/Recommendation: Early life failure - Please confirm all CP and End User checks have been completed. KBD tests indicate no BTW network fault. This is a CCSFI enabled outcome."
Thanks
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@danyulo It's basically saying that no external faults have been found during remote testing, and assuming Plusnet and End User (you) have ruled out an internal or router/filter issue, then the next move is to get an engineer out.
danyulo
Grafter

Ok thanks Jaggies.
danyulo
Grafter

Hello,
Please could a support person very the status of this. I picked up a voice-mail left on Sunday from a Plusnet support person asking me to make contact to arrange an engineer visit (assuming that means a BT Openreach engineer).  I cannot make contact.  Your support queue yesterday when I called was, "in excess of 45 minutes ".  I left a note in the support ticket on Sunday but no one has responded to it.
I am happy to wait in for an engineer visit on Thursday this week, as I will be at home.
However, given that my activation date was 24/10, and no service had been provided by 31/10, I cancelled my contract and requested a MAC code, which has been provided.  I am migrating back to my previous ISP this week on 08/11.  Please confirm that you have the same understanding.  Can  I assume you will not want to send an engineer.
Thanks
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi danyulo,
I can see that you've requested your MAC Code and that this has been provided for you. The fault ticket is currently still open, if you'd like me to, I can close this if you would prefer for us to not get an engineer involved to resolve this issue.
It appears that the installation completed but there was a fault on the line which needs resolving which has been the cause of the delay with this. Can you let us know what course of action you'd like for us to take and we'll get the necessary sorted for you.
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks Chris
If the nature of the fault could impact my upcoming migration I would prefer to get it dealt with before I migrate, if there is the opportunity to do that.  So if it is possible to send an engineer, I will be at home on Thursday this week.
Thanks for your help
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem. I've booked you an engineer in to resolve the fault on Thursday between 8am-1pm.
danyulo
Grafter

that is brilliant thanks Chris
danyulo
Grafter

Hello,
To update.  BT Openreach engineers have visited my property and proven that the line is fault free.  Their own equipment gets ADSL sync through my ADSL faceplate.  The engineers tried my Plusnet router but got the same results as previousy reported (there is ADSL on the line but it will not sync).  Conclusion was:  faulty router.  They offered to order me a new one.  I declined since I am migrating back to BeThere tomorrow.

Do you want me to send the router back?  If so, to where?
Thanks
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting us know. I've sent you out a returns bag (pre-paid postage) which should be with you within a few days. If you could pope the router in the bag that'll go back to the warehouse.