cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed with 'stuck frames'. Should phone line be dead too?

danyulo
Grafter

Activation failed with 'stuck frames'. Should phone line be dead too?

Hi all,
I am new to Plusnet, having migrated from Be Unlimited.  Be Unlimited broadband went off on 24/10 (the day before my stated migration date of 25/10).  However, by 26/10 my new Plusnet router was still not connecting.  I raised a fault and was told that my migration did not complete because of faulty equipment at the Exchange.  This is an excerpt from the internal chatter pasted into my ticket:
"The suppliers informed me that Order was stuck with the frames act,as there was faulty ties,we have received the new ties yesterday."
OK so I get that this is the reason my broadband is not working, but my question is, should this also mean no working phone line?  I have since realised that my phone is dead (no dial tone - I've checked with two known working phones).  Running a line check from the BT site produces the result, "We cannot find a problem with your line".
I am also migrating my line to Plusnet, but did not expect that to happen until later (my BT account is certainly still live)
Thanks very much for any advice.  I have raised this additional question in my existing ticket but not had a response.
47 REPLIES 47
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Activation failed with 'stuck frames'. Should phone line be dead too?

Hi there,
It seems your broadband order is due to complete anytime now after checking on it, your phone line is due to have an order placed once your broadband is activated but your phone line should still be working.
At the moment you'd need to check with BT regarding your phone line as to why there's no dial tone as we don't have access to this.
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks Chris
The voice service is now back, but still no broadband
I had changed my router access password.  It occurred to me that this may have been a bad thing to do as it could prevent the auto-configuration of the router?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It won't prevent that at all Smiley The router connects to us and downloads the settings regardless of whether you're logged in to its config pages.
danyulo
Grafter

OK, I've changed it back to the default now anyway.
As the broadband did not activate yesterday as indicated, what happens next please?  How can we get this service working and by when?
Thanks for your help
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Danyul,
I've just check our suppliers systems which is now showing your order as complete. I have manually activated your account for you which should now allow you to connect.
Please let us know if we can be of any further help.
danyulo
Grafter

Brilliant thanks Chris
I am going to go home now to try it
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent Smiley
Let us know how you get on.
danyulo
Grafter

Hi Chris
I still cannot connect I am afraid.  I can get a solid 'broadband' light, but auto or manual set up does not seem to advance me.  When using my broadband user/pass, I get error messages 'Could not bring link up' and ' check your modem is connected to the phone line'.  This is after multiple restarts, checking dial tone, swapping microfilters for ADSL faceplates, removing all ethernet cables, trying the BT test socket, etc.
About the only thing i have not tried is an alternative router.
Could there be something wrong here with the order process?
Thanks
danyul
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have you tried a factory reset of your router and see if that helps? Link.
danyulo
Grafter

Yes I have now.  Disappointingly, there is no change.  I get to the same place:  solid bb light, but cannot bring the line up automatically or manually
I have tried my old router which is also a Thomson product but unfortunately there does not seem to be a place for me to enter a broadband user/pass. I can get as far as a solid 'broadband' light.
Can I be certain that DSL is configured on my line?  It seems very unlikely that the router is faulty.
pwatson
Rising Star

Have you looked at your line stats?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson-585-faqs-and-troubleshooting.shtml#lineStats
The 'View More' option for the DSL stats will show if you have a connection or not.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That is very odd Sad
IS the broadband light on and permanently on, right now?
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks both
I have gone back to my office now, but from memory (and looking through every config and info page the Plusnet router was capable of displaying to me) The info all indicated 'no DSL', 'could not bring up link' and 'check your router is connected to the phone line' type messages.  The Broadband light was always flashing followed by solid, after every restart and reset.
I've changed out all of the kit in between the router and the master socket, but please note that my previous service was working normally using the same kit until the 24/10 when it went off (along with the dial tone)
One other thing, can I be sure that the fault in the exchange reported as the initial reason that the migration did not work as expected on 24/10 has been fully resolved now?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As far as I can see it has, yes. As the order has completed, and you've swapped out all your kit, could you complete http://faults.plus.net so we can get a more in-depth look at what's going on with your line and we'll get that sorted out for you.