cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date missed

prakash_s

Activation date missed

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get any indication of when the engineers turn up at the cabinet to activate a switch from ADSL to fibre ? Have tried asking the contact centre - but they have nothing beyond 'any time before midnight'. I have already had that answer for the original activation date, only to be told next morning that the 'engineer could not make it'. 

Today is the re-scheduled date and now well into the second half of the day, its not looking promising.

I work from home and have to keep re-scheduling webinars just to avoid being cut off half way - and in this day and age not being able to say roughly when a switch over is likely to happen seems particularly poor - especially so if at the end of the day all that happens is a 'sorry BT could not turn up at the cabinet'. PlusNet is a BT company so one would hope they can at least call and find out whats going on.

Is there a way for me to call BT to find out ?

Thanks,

Prakash

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Activation date missed

prakash_s

Thanks Gel. Wasn't expecting PN to have pref treatment to prioritise jobs etc. Just an update of the likely time. And actually that should be relatively easy to make available to others too I suppose with all the work scheduling BT do.

Is there a way for me to call BT ? Or is one just left to 'thoughts and prayers'  ? Smiley

Cheers,

Prakash.

prakash_s

Thoughts and prayers seem to have worked ! just switched over !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Prakash, welcome to the community forums.

Apologies for the missed activation date and that we couldn't provide a timeframe for the work to be completed.

Happy to hear it's gone live though, let us know if we can help with anything.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet