cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date cheesed off

Chibi91

Activation date cheesed off

I've already been waiting nearly a month now for the Internet go live and have had the patience of a saint. It was confirmed to me that no later that THIS MORNING my internet would finally go live. It hasn't. Any ideas!?
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Activation date cheesed off

The orders have completed but our test is showing a 'Loop' fault at your property.
How have you got the router connected?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chibi91

Microfilter in, phone and router connected through this. I have two sockets, an open reach one and normal one, it's plugged into the normal one. Phone is working as normal as have just used it to make a phone call
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Does the Openreach one have two sockets on it?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chibi91

It's okay, the problem has now been sorted. For some reason it wouldn't accept it being plugged into the micro filter. Plugged adsl cable into open reach socket and it worked instantly. Thanks for the help though!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's sorted.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

For some reason it wouldn't accept it being plugged into the micro filter.
Hi, to clarify what Matthew was asking. If you have a faceplate fitted on the Master(Openreach) socket which looks like the one on the right here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/splitters.htm , then the Broadband signal is ONLY available at the DSL connector on the master socket, hence the router MUST be plugged in there for it to work. The faceplate has a filter built-in which means that you don't have to use plug-in filters to connect phones plugged in to that or any extension sockets.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.