cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation concern

tonylemesmer

Activation concern

Just joined Plusnet (signed up on Monday night).
I am concerned that because we had an aborted TalkTalk sign up, this will delay the Plusnet signup. After waiting over 6 weeks for TalkTalk to install broadband we had nothing from them - I don't want this to hold up our migration to Plus. Our phone line has never had broadband installed on it previously. We are more than keen to get broadband in ASAP and don't like being fobbed off with awful customer service. I trust that Plusnet will do everything they can to get it installed pronto.
Has anyone had any experience of an aborted signup causing any problems?
Jono
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Activation concern

Hi Jono (and welcome aboard),
We submitted an order to BT Wholesale yesterday but it's since been cancelled by the system with the reason 'Duplicate Order'. This is odd as I've checked your line and there aren't any obvious issues being flagged with it. I've resubmitted another order but I can't guarantee that the same thing won't happen again.
Probably an idea to get in touch at the end of the week so we can take a look into things again for you (I'll probably not be around on the forums, so might be an idea to give us a call or raise a support ticket on your account instead).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

tonylemesmer

Hi Bob,
We have had a cancellation from TalkTalk so everything should go through without a hitch (I am hoping.)
Thanks for following up and look forward to finally receiving some broadband service.
Jono
tonylemesmer

Hi there, router arrived today, so I thought I'd plug it in. The "broadband" light is solid. Does this mean I can connect? At the moment it is saying "Authentication failed". But if I can connect please give me a shout.
cheers
Jono
fourfourdevon
Grafter

I found that my service was up and running well ahead of its official install date, so with luck...
tonylemesmer

after a call to customer service, everything is up and running now, although the speed is pretty slow: several tests reveal a download speed of 1Meg or less, despite the router indicating a bandwidth of 7.6Meg - I wonder if it will settle down over the coming days.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jono,
I've just checked your line profile and it's 6500 on BTs side and 7150 on ours so should be alright (and certainly more than 1Mb). Are you still seeing the slow speeds, or have they picked up at all now?
tonylemesmer

tested a few times this morning. Maximum I have had is 1.3Meg, but most are around 1Meg or just under. When the test is running (mybroadbandspeed.co.uk) you can see the progress bar pulsing as if the data is not coming through in a continuous stream, but several pulses around 1second apart.
derkane
Dabbler

You'll be connected at 7Mb however the exchange will be managing the speed for the first 10days or so to ensure the line is stable so you may find yourself restricted.
When I went from 2Mb fixed to upto 8Mb 4 years ago on day one I was connected at 8Mb however only got about 1.2Mb throughput after 4 days I got about 7Mb throughput.