cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation/ Switch date for Plusnet fibre August 1st ?

k2150
Dabbler

Activation/ Switch date for Plusnet fibre August 1st ?

signed up for Plusnet Fibre Unlimited on 17th July entered my MAC and requested a switch date for 1st August, so far everything looks good, received the Technicolor router, but not had any confirmation from Plusnet about the switch date which is supposed to be  in 2 days time. Can someone please check that this will take place 1st August 2014. One last thing, do I need to be home for an engineer or can this all be done at the cabinet, I'm currently on BT Infinity FTTC, thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Activation date for Plusnet fibre August 1st ?

Hi k2150,
I'm really sorry about this, but it looks as though there was a problem when placing the initial order, so I've had to re-place this, I've just done this now. I've created Ticket: 89303614 for our Provisioning Team to keep an eye on this order. We're expecting the order to complete on 06/08/2014, however this may change slightly.
Your BT service should continue to work as normal as this is a migration from BT Retail to ourselves. You won't need to do anything as the work that's due to be carried out (we'll confirm the date within 24 hours) is external to move you over to ourselves.
I appreciate that this isn't what you wanted to hear and it's certainly unacceptable considering when you first placed the order, for this, I'm really sorry. We'll keep you updated on Ticket: 89303614 moving forward.
k2150
Dabbler

Re: Activation/ Switch date for Plusnet fibre August 1st ?

thanks for the quick reply and raising the ticket.
k2150
Dabbler

just received text message confiming migration will complete on 6/8/2014 and an engineer visit is not necessary.  I'm looking at the supplied technicolor router and there's no modem, instructions say modem  will be fitted by  the engineer ?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

do you have the HomeHub 5?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
k2150
Dabbler

yes homehub 5 revision B, do I use that instead of the Technicolor
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you're wanting to use the Technicolor, I can arrange for an Openreach Modem to be sent out for you? Or you can reconfigure your HH5. worth bearing in mind that we'll only be able to provide limited support for the HH5 if you do go down that route.
k2150
Dabbler

yeah Chris, please send out the openreach modem if you wouldn't mind, thanks again for your help
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's been posted.
k2150
Dabbler

great, thanks again.