cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Dates

jtthursby1

Activation Dates

I have received the router and now just waiting for the broadband to activate. How come this takes so long as it says it won't be ready until the 9th? Every other provider I have been with has been an instantaneous setup whereas this has been over two weeks to set up from the date of purchase. Surely this could be done sooner or is there any way for me to get in touch with BT to switch over the line?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Regards
Joe
2 REPLIES 2
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Activation Dates

The standard lead times for broadband order to go through is 2 weeks (10 working days) this is common for all broadband providers apart from Virgin media so a two week wait is pretty standard.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Activation Dates

When taking over a line, we need to give a minimum of 10 working days notice to the losing provider.

The phone and broadband are schedule to migrate over to us on the same day.

Having said this, I'm not sure why we've charged to install a new line since we're taking over a line that's already active at the property, so I've gone ahead and refunded the £49.99 line installation fee for you. This will be paid back to the account your initial fees were taken from.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet