Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Date

FIXED
Yarm
Dabbler

Activation Date

Hi,

My phone line went active yesterday but my broadband isnt active yet.

How do I find out the date it will be activated on?

Is there a problem with the activation?

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Activation Date

Fix

I've just activated your account so you should be able to get online.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Yarm
Dabbler

Wow that was fast, its on now, thanks!

Im not sure but think I mispelt my username in when I signed up to the forum, does it matter? and can I change it?

jamesdean2017

We are having the same problem... phone line working no problems however broadband is not. 🤔
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Yarm wrote:

Wow that was fast, its on now, thanks!

Im not sure but think I mispelt my username in when I signed up to the forum, does it matter? and can I change it?

No problems, and I'm afraid the username can't be changed. Sad

@jamesdean2017 wrote:
We are having the same problem... phone line working no problems however broadband is not. 🤔

I'm sorry to hear this. It looks like your account went live last night. Can you try a factory reset of your router and let me know how you get on?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jamesdean2017

Doesn't appear to be working. I have followed instruction from live chat to set up router to phone using username and password but cannot get that far to actually put my password or username in. Getting frustrated now 😞
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It looks like the password you're using is getting rejected by our radius server. Are you using your account password which is also case sensitive?

Just read, your post again. Can you try following these steps and let me know if it works? Smiley

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Basic Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is the router password on the card or the back of the router
5. Click on 'Disconnect'
6. Enter your broadband username, which YourUsername@plusdsl.net
7. Enter your broadband password, which is the password you use with us
8. Click on 'Connect'

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jamesdean2017

I've been on this page for ages.. it won't load any further than this page even when I click on any options.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

What device are you using, is it a laptop or mobile device? And, any possibility of trying a different device or web browser?

jamesdean2017

Trying lap top now which I have got further except it's asking me for admin password.. tried several none work!😩
jamesdean2017

Sorted 👌 Thank you for your help!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

Veggiesoage
Hooked

Perhaps you can sort mine out while you're at it? Not due to go on til midnight tonight yet old service and your charges started yesterday. Two days without internet is unacceptable.

Customer services ignored my tweets and not prepared to wait 45 mind on the phone to ask you to provide the service I'm paying for

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your account activated just after Midnight. Is the router plugged in and turned on now?

Customer services ignored my tweets

When did you tweet us?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Veggiesoage
Hooked

Well I didn't get a text til 8am this morning so I'm not sure how I was supposed to know the account was activated just after midnight.

Anyway, damn thing still doesn't work, called phone support as. Broadband light continually flashing, apparently there is a fault on the line which they're only promising to fix by 27 Feb. Why the [-Censored-] don't they test the line before? Why wait until I plug the router in? I mean they've only had three weeks since I placed the order.

Oh and the fact that I suffer from mental health problems and rely heavily on my internet doesn't count as any extra urgency so thanks a lot for that.

As for the Twitter 'help' tweeted several times between about 7 and 10. They replied once to tell me to call the helpline. Apparently that's 'award-winning customer service' for you. More like '[-Censored-]-poor dicking about' if you ask me.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.