cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Charge For Madasafish Customers ?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Activation Charge For Madasafish Customers ?

Hi there
One of my  friends is wanting to move from Madasfish to Plusnet  :
Does the £ 25 activation charge apply to Madasafish customers wanting to move to Plusnet? .
I assume when signing up online you leave the mac code box empty?
How long would it take to move over?
Regards Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

11 REPLIES 11
Mand
Grafter

Re: Activation Charge For Madasafish Customers ?

Hi there,
The set up fee doesn't apply to migrations from MAAF to Plusnet, although you will need to select deferred activation on signup (we'll write it off when we activate the account, but otherwise you'd be charged it automatically during activation).
You leave the MAC field blank, and then someone will pick it up and manually place the required order.
It takes 24 hours if you select card payment initially (Direct Debit delays things by about a week).
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for the Info Mand
A couple more questions Smiley
The customer is currently an a retention deal till Feb next year ( no deferred fees ) ,will the 10 notice apply on the Madasfish Account ?
Once the move has taken place i assume a final bill will be generated  on the Madasafish account and then the account closed ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Can one of the digital care team please get back to me on the questions above Smiley
Kind Regards
Mike

Mand
Grafter

Yeah, we don't charge cancellation fees for moving from MAAF to Plusnet so the retention deal stuff is fine.
We'll cancel the MAAF account as part of the migration, and bill/refund as applicable.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Many thanks Mand, i will process my friends order tomorrow.
Regards
Mike

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
The set up fee doesn't apply to migrations from MAAF to Plusnet, although you will need to select deferred activation on signup (we'll write it off when we activate the account, but otherwise you'd be charged it automatically during activation).

Hi Mand during signup i could not see anywhere, were i could deffer the activation charge.
The options i was given was to pay the charge (which i selected as the customer does not want home phone) or take home phone and get it free. please see attachment.
Can you please refund the activation charge., and check the order is processing ok Smiley , if i PM you their account details?

Kind Regards
Mike  

Mand
Grafter

Yeah, sorry forgot to mention you can't defer unless you're taking phone too. The fee hasn't been taken yet.
I've got someone sorting the transfer now. Smiley
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Will you be able to refund the transfer fee once it been taken or wont it be taken ?
Sorting the transfer now , i have not given you the new username yet ? Smiley or did you see the username before i removed it from the post?
Regards
Mike

Mand
Grafter

It won't be taken.
I saw it before you removed it, using my ninja skills. Wink
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Always useful to have ninja skills. Smiley
Thats good news that it won't be taken, can you let me know when the change over happens please Smiley
Regards
Mike

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Mand
Would appreciate if you can have a look at the PM i sent you yesterday at 13:03 Smiley , regarding this thread.
Kind Regards
Mike