cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate broadband

Reece

Activate broadband

My broadband is due to go live tomorrow, but it appears that the installation has completed early, as I am able to sync (at a very respectable rate!). Unfortunately, I cannot connect to the Internet as my router shows an 'Authentication Failure'. Is this because my account has not been activated yet? If so, is there any way it can be done before tomorrow?
Thanks in advance,
Reece
6 REPLIES 6
Dhaos
Grafter

Re: Activate broadband

Probably need to enter your details into the router, username@plusdsl.net and your password, thats what i had to do when i moved from be to plusnet for fibre
Reece

I've done that (and definitely entered them correctly!)... I just don't think I'm actually live on the Plusnet systems yet, like I said, it's not due to go live until tomorrow, was just wondering if it would be possible to get on a little earlier. I'm using mobile broadband at the moment and it's terrible!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Give them a call or maybe a DC person will spot this thread.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Reece,
I've just checked the order which, as you mentioned, has completed.
I've activated your account now, so you should be able to connect your router and get online Smiley
Reece

Working beautifully - thank you. you guys at Plusnet certainly don't hang about... I requested an addon to my phone line last night and it was active about 5 mins later! Very pleased so far.
Would it now be possible to uncap my upload and enable fastpath or is this something that is best left until after the training period?
Thanks again!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No problem!
I've placed the necessary order for Interleaving to be switched off (Fastpath) and for your upload speeds to be uncapped. I'd expect the order to complete by the end of the day tomorrow.