cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to personal data by the Moderators

itsme
Grafter

Access to personal data by the Moderators

Please can someone supply me or point me in the right direction to what personal data the moderators have access to.  Have they access to my name and address and billing details?
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable

Re: Access to personal data by the Moderators

We only have access to your community site details.
Whatever you can see when you visit you profile and account related settings, we can see.
Nothing more than the stuff stored here.
No real names, addresses etc.
zubel
Community Veteran

Also, we have no access to your Plusnet/f9 user details - it really is only your Community Site details that we can see.
B.
Not applicable

Oh yeah, we also get to see the IP Address you post from too, which would only show us your details if you had configured it that way.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Perhaps you should be more concerned about the information that your domain register http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/ publishes on-line about you.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

If it's a .uk domain you can ask for it to be suppressed if you are a non-trading individual.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: chillypenguin
Perhaps you should be more concerned about the information that your domain register http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/ publishes on-line about you.

I'm just surprised that a moderator would spend time doing a lookup on my IP address to get my name. I'm not bothered if this was the route used. I will not worry about fasthost as my name and address details are on other websites as I'm named in several patents and I will not be able to have these remove.
Not applicable

Quote from: itsme
I'm just surprised that a moderator would spend time doing a lookup on my IP address to get my name.
I wouldn't be surprised that we had a look around - you did ask what info we could find on you.
Quote from: itsme
Have they access to my name and address and billing details?

Think we got to your name and address - can't think of any lawful way to get your billing details though...
itsme
Grafter

Sorry I should explain that yesterday a moderator sent me a PM using my name and I was concerned where he got this from.
Not applicable

Your hostname presumably.
mail.firstnamelastname.me.uk
Wasn't the wildest stab in the dark, and whilst not a foolproof method, it often serves well.
nadger
Rising Star

If people are really worried about their details then never use one's surname anywhere relating to forums.
Hopefully there's not a John Nadger on an LU7 postcode as he could be getting a lot of flack.