cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Connections (Lenovo)

Not applicable

Access Connections (Lenovo)

Have set up BB for a friend who has a Lenovo laptop running XP. When the computer is booted up a dialogue box appears entitled Access Connections.
This contains the the following information:
Attempting to Connect: Tiscali 1CBBD.
Underneath this is Applying Wireless Settings then stop/close.
We have to close it quickly so that the Windows wireless connection can connect automatically.
I have removed the Tiscali wireless connection from Network Connections so there is only the Plusnet one there.
It seems to me that it is something to do with Lenovo trying to take over the wireless settings.
Please can anyone tell me how to remedy the situation?
4 REPLIES 4
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Access Connections (Lenovo)

Wonder if a REG CLEAN may help?
maybe ?  Undecided
I seem to remember something about Dell and Windows doing same thing.... 
Right click on the internet icon, and check to see if it says something like "let  XXXX manage this connection"....? ? ? ?
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Am going to ask the lady if I can bring the laptop home so that I can have a good look. If I can locate it in start up that might help.
Have also googled it and found some information so will have a good read today.
I haven't noticed the management information that you refer to.
This sort of thing really makes me cross. Why do manufacturers insist on putting in their own software when it is already there in Windows? It just duplicates and complicates things.  Angry
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Poppy,
Access connections can be uninstalled from the control panel Add/Remove programs - this will then give windows control of the wireless networking wizard after a reboot.
As you might have guessed, Lenovo are business class machines, and as such access connections is for those who work away from home and use multiple profiles to connect, which is why it is pre-loaded onto all their laptops/tablets.
HTH
CB
Not applicable

Thank you for the information. I was a bit wary of uninstalling it as it is not my machine. Anyway, have just got back from her house and have gone into Services and disabled it.
This seems to have solved the problem for now.  It is good to know that I can remove it if necessary.