cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting orders

JamesM
Grafter

Accepting orders

I just checked my postcode on the BT fibre rollout page, and it is listed as accepting orders from the 6th. When I input my details to chose a BT BB package it still says I can only get ADSL 21CN speeds. Do I have to contact BT to get them to enable my line ?
Thanks for reading.
16 REPLIES 16
dragon2611
Grafter

Re: Accepting orders

It might be that whilst FTTC is available to some properties in your postcode your line goes via a different cabinet which isn't FTTC enabled.
Try http://fttc-check.alc.im/ or perhaps plusnet support might be able to see why the system thinks you can't get FTTC
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Does http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome say FTTC is available?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just checked and can't see that your cabinet is currently enabled, as mentioned previously it may be that another cabinet in your postcode area is enabled but not yours (yet?).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JamesM
Grafter

Thanks for the replies, checking the link jelv, it says WBC ADSL 2+ up to 7.5, but checking Kitz, it says FTTC is available in some areas. So it looks like dragon2611 is right, it has not been enabled at my cabinet.
EDIT 
Thanks Chris, looks like I will just have to wait until they enable it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

At the top of the results from the link I gave it tells you your cabinet number. Somewhere near you will be a green BT cabinet with that number stencilled on to it. It would be worth finding it to see if you can see any sign of them installing an FTTC cabinet which will be near by.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JamesM
Grafter

The closest cabinet, is about 150 yards away jelv, at the end of my road, about 12 - 18 months old,  I pass it a couple of times a day, so I will look out for any work being done, and check the cabinet number. Reading about all the missed BT appointments on these forums doesn't surprise me because it seems like over half of the BT engineers have been running round my town for the last month  Grin

JamesM
Grafter

Just out of curiosity I input my Mum's phone number who lives about 300 yards away and I was pretty gutted to see that the cabinet my Mum is connected to can get FTTC. So what do BT do, say an area can get FTTC, then enable just one cabinet in the whole village, just so they can tick the village off the list.?
Or would someone who is connected to my Mum's exchange and who is with BT, ask BT to enable the cabinet ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Best way to get it enabled (there's no plans to enable cab 3 I'm afraid, which is the one you're connected to) would be to get you and everyone nearby also connected to the same cabinet to register interest at the superfast openreach site. We can ask, but it won't have anywhere near the impact a bunch of registered interest would do.
EDIT: Link to register interest: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx
JamesM
Grafter

Cheers Matt,
what a deceitful, lying, company BT is, they say my village will have FTTC by Dec 13, but fail to say that only half or even less will be able to get it. What gets me is that all the cables were already laid by the digital company who went bust, so we should have the best BB in England here in South Yorkshire.
If I had gone to Digital region last year, I would be on FTTC already, so I can't see what BT's problem is, as the cabinet should have already been activated through DR.
James
Grafter

The cabinet is DR property. It's not BTs.
DR install their own fibre cabinet, my road has two - a standard BT cabinet and a DR one.
JamesM
Grafter

So the BTOR engineer tells me last year that the cabinet at the end of my road can supply me with FTTC through DR, yet he worked at this cabinet when he was working on my line. When I input my postcode into the DR website, it comes up with the cabinet at the end of my road,( cab 3) saying I can get FTTC. When I input my details into the BT checker, it says I can't get FTTC, yet it also states cab 3. When I input my Mum's details into DR it says cab 12, when I input my Mums details into BT it says cab 12. So in my village they must be sharing the cabinets.
JamesM
Grafter

Can any PN staff shed some light on the above post. 1 cabinet, 2 suppliers, one supplier providing FTTC the other only providing ADSL2+.
Thanks.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

JamesM - I had the same problem too. My cabinet 8 and my mum cabinet 9 isn't available for FTTC yet but round the corner of my house Cabinet 6 & 7 does have FTTC enabled. (it was enabled last March 2013) and my cabinet 8 are suppose to go live by November 2013 but it been delayed due to wayleave: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/wayleaves/wayleavesfaqs/wayleavesfaqs.do
But it had been approved and got new FTTC installed. It's now a question of waiting game for the FTTC to be accepting order on the BT Wholesale Availability Checker (probably after January 2014)

JamesM
Grafter

Thanks for the info mate, hopefully they will enable mine soon, but as said above, there are no plans to enable my Cab, even though it is enabled but not through BT.