Did you mean: 

About webspace?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

About webspace?

Elsewhere in this forum
Quote from: God
..... mind you that webspace limit really should be capped across a month, not a day, Oldjim is right there. *niggle mode off*.....
Out of interest, what does the limit equate to? The only things I have ever uploaded have been photos to something like postimage.org. Could I use web space for that purpose? Is webspace viewable by all and sundry once they know details, or can access be limited to different people for different items?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: About webspace?

On the account type you are on currently you have 25MB of data storage on the webmail platform, and 100MB of data transfer allowed per day. You could certainly use this to store your photos online and allow others to access - your webspace is viewable at http://www.*your username*.plus.com (with any folders added onto the end, ie if you create a directory photos in your webspace the URL for this will be http://www.*your username*.plus.com/photos/).
You can limit access if you wish, the main way of doing this is to add a .htaccess file to the folder you wish to protect and also including a .htpasswd file as per the guide here.
Hope this helps, if you need any further information there is a section on this site specifically for webspace enquiries.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: About webspace?

Quote from: orbrey
On the account type you are on currently you have 25MB of data storage on the webmail platform, and 100MB of data transfer allowed per day.
Hi! 25 MB storage: 100MB data xfer a day? Surely the storage must be more than the xfer rate, or am I mireading something?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.