cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RT-AC66U setup and username issues

tree56uk
Dabbler

ASUS RT-AC66U setup and username issues

i'm trying to setup my new router which is the one listed above. It is connected to the BT open reach modem and I'm currently trying to log in with my plus net username and password. I am on a fibre connection using PPPoE.
The help page states just to use "username@plusdsl.net" with no password however this is not working. I've tried to replace "username" with my actual username and also using my password alongside but these combinations to not seem to work. Am I being completely stupid here or is there something I am missing?
I'm very eager to get online! Thanks in advance for your help.
9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: ASUS RT-AC66U setup and username issues

You DO need the password. You should use username@plusdsl.net and the password you use to login to the member centre. The help page isn't very clear but the username/password are the same as those for ADSL.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tree56uk
Dabbler

That's sadly still not working however it may be because I'm trying to do this from an iPhone I shall try again later with a laptop.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

for clarity that's 'YourPlusnetUsername'@plusdsl.net (e.g. tree56uk@plusdsl.net if your Plusnet username is the same as your forum name - the same username as you'd use to login to the member centre - and the same password too).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
tree56uk
Dabbler

Hmmm I think I might have tried that combination too.
It could be 2 things.
1. Using the mobile router setup interface is borked and has some sort of reload loop, as when I put in what i think are the correct details, it goes back to saying select connection type (PPPoE etc)
2. The fibre hasn't been fully provisioned yet, as in they brought the engineer date forward, but not the switching on of the line.
tree56uk
Dabbler

Sorry for the double post, but the oddness just gets odder.
"Your broadband service is nearly ready. A BT engineer will be visiting your home to install Plusnet Fibre today. Please don't set up your router until the engineer has visited as you won't be able to get online until then." In an email just now.
The BT engineer came yesterday morning. The original fibre provision date and engineer appointment was the 4th of October. Getting a tad confused now.
redbull2k14
Grafter

do you have the bt openreach modem connected?
tree56uk
Dabbler

The BT Openreach modem is indeed connected, DSL light is solid green and it is plugged into the ASUS. They do seem to talk to each other fine. Just talking to the world outside is the issue Cheesy
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Probably worth a call to Plusnet (if the wait's currently not too long) to ask if your internet has actually been activated at their end.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
tree56uk
Dabbler

I'm back now with my laptop. Setup worked first time and pleased to report getting 74mb dl and 17mb upstream. All is well now. Must have been the iPhone interface messing up.