cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DSL-n66u Port Forward

appman

ASUS DSL-n66u Port Forward

Just installed an Asus n66u and seem to be experiencing issues related to port forwarding for FTP.
Ports forwards have been set-up and can be connected on the LAN OK, however port testers report that the ports are closed from the WAN side, which has be also confirmed by a WAN sided PC.
Anyone any ideas where to check next?
Router set up for VDSL WAN (PTM), PPPoE, VLAN ID 01,  Internet connection all seems OK.
Ports forwarded 29/30
Cheers Chris
3 REPLIES 3
tim11pop
Dabbler

Re: ASUS DSL-n66u Port Forward

Have you checked the firewall on your PC and allowed the port? This was my issue.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: appman
Just installed an Asus n66u and seem to be experiencing issues related to port forwarding for FTP.
Ports forwarded 29/30

Typo or are you using non-standard ports?  You should only need to forward port 21, though some guides suggest port 20 as well.  Have you forwarded UDP, TCP or BOTH?
The guide here suggests BOTH (but you should only really need TCP)
appman

Thanks Guys, managed to sort things.
I changed address ranges with the new Asus and left the old Gateway address in the two NAS box's DOH!  Funnily enough it was never mentioned in anything I have read on forums as anything to check.  But as it worked locally on the LAN I figured it was the new router until going back to basics.
Yes non-standard Ports in use.