cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DSL-N55U Router will it work ok to SKYPE.

got2getatan
Grafter

ASUS DSL-N55U Router will it work ok to SKYPE.

Hi, have had a few problems in general with  the wifi signal from my Plusnet issued router and have reverted back to my BT Hub2 but still having a signal problem now and again. The distance from the router to the device is about 16 metres line of sight through windows. I am going to bite the bullet and order another router today and wanted something that is also compatible with SKYPE. Any advice on the Asus Dsl-N55U or anything else. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: ASUS DSL-N55U Router will it work ok to SKYPE.

Hi
Sure, the DSL-N55U will work fine with Skype.
Have you tried changing the wireless channels on the TG582N to see if that improves things? I tried the same router and had no issue at a similar distance.
got2getatan
Grafter

I am sure that I have tried that but will make 100% sure before ordering another router. Use a Asus Tablet in the other direction where the signals needs to penetrate through two walls and I have to use a Netgear extender. Thanks.
AndyH
Grafter

It might also be worth trying a newer firmware. There may be some wireless driver upgrades - http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/
The Asus router will have a far superior wireless range. But, I think it's probably worth just trying to tweak you TG582N first.
got2getatan
Grafter

Thanks, I'm thinking of the Asus because it has 2 USB ports for connecting printers etc and a good signal throughout the property.