cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+

FIXED
Jim_R

ADSL2+

For the past few weeks the BT Broadband Checker has been saying that ADSL2+ will be available on my line from 23 Oct 2018.

I checked my modem this morning and the line sync has increased from 8 Mbps to 19 Mbps, but if I do a speed test I still see a throughput of around 6.5 Mbps, the same as I was getting before.

Does something else need to happen before I can take advantage of the faster speeds available?

username = [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: ADSL2+

@Jim_R

Welcome to the forums.

Plusnet may need to change the speed shown here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed to allow you to see the higher speeds.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Have you tried switching your router off for 5 minutes then back on to see if it picks up at the faster speed?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Hi @Jim_R ,

Upon investigating your line we've noticed that the profile for your service was set too low, which is why you were noticing those slow speeds.

We've changed the profile to reflect the ADSL2+ infrastructure now in place in your area and a quick reboot of the router should get you onto those higher speeds.

For reference, your speed estimates on ADSL2+ are 8 to 19.5mbps.

Please let us know if you need anything else at all.