Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ synch speeds

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

ADSL2+ synch speeds

Have had very few disconnections since I moved to ADSL2+ last December.
However, every disconnection (as far as I can see) has dropped the downstream speed very slightly ,never to rise again! When I started the synch speed was ~ 19750Kb/s -it has slowly dropped in stages  to current 18748Kb/s. At the same time the upstream synch has varied between 1048 and 1110 -but that has gone up and down.
As a result I've "lost" ~ 0.8Mb/s actual measured connection speed.
I thought it might recover if the router was switched off for a decent length of time, so shut it off for over 2 weeks whilst on holiday,but on return speed was slightly down again.
Is this other people's experience specifically with ADSL2+ ?Huh
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: ADSL2+ synch speeds

We could try removing Interleaving from the downstream in case that's causing any slight issues?
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the offer Chris - worth a try but it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't make a difference as my connection is still quite fast enuf for everything I want to do at the moment; Just wondered if this was the norm? ie the steady downward trend when resynching. As far as I can remember its always had interleaving on -my router indicates a depth of 96?? on the downstream -not sure whether that means anything?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem. I've done that, I can't see it's made much of an improvement, if any. Fingers crossed it does go up, but as you say, you're still getting really good speeds either way Smiley
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Chris -d/stream synch speed has actually gone up a smidgen -by 43Kb/s!!
Upsteam synch has improved by 10% however!! I'll see a) if it stays connected and b) if the actual measured speeds have moved much Wink
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fingers crossed! Smiley