Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ just been upgraded, Plusnet profile update

skib10
Grafter

ADSL2+ just been upgraded, Plusnet profile update

Hello,
This a mainly a question for the plusnet staff when they catch this in the morning.
I've just been upgraded around 11.30pm which seems odd to do this on a sunday night. My question is whether or not my profile is correct with plusnet or if its been updated i've currently tried the bt speed tester but all i seem to be getting is: "Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service" Download Speed : 6 Mbps. The odd thing is that the bt speeder tester was working fine for me sunday afternoon.
I know this is the training period and all but ive been told that sometimes its best to ask here whether the profile has been set correctly. my router stats are currently showing:
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:51:34
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 17,128
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.0 / 19.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 15.0 / 6.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 11 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 4,255
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 7
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 7
I'm not to savvy when it comes to connections so i thought it would be best to ask here just to see if things look alright. After running a normal speed test my DL speed is currently hovering around 6.8mbps which is what i used to have before this upgrade and my upload has shot up to around 0.70mpbs which way higher than what i had been before. I'm wondering if my DL speed is really low because the profile is still stuck on what i had previously before the upgrade?

Edit: seems the profile has been updated. Cheers anyway
11 REPLIES 11
skib10
Grafter

Re: ADSL2+ just been upgraded, Plusnet profile update

No improvements since this morning, still get the same error with bt speedtester, still saying my DL speed is only 6mbps.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Couple of thoughts - when my upgrade went through (also on a Sunday!  ::)) the BT speedtester also failed to work for 24 hours, possibly because BT are still doing a bit of fiddling around behind the scenes after it goes live.
I realise you can't see your BT IP profile until you can get the Performance tester to work, but with your sync it should be a lot higher than 6Mbps - what is your Plusnet profile at the moment? (Member centre>Go to my Account>Connection Settings>more>high-speed broadband icon.)
skib10
Grafter

currently say's:
Estimated line speed: Not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimates).
Current line speed:  7.15 Mb
Looks like the profile is still stuck on my old settings
JayG
Pro

Yup!
Don't know whether PN are able to obtain your BT profile when the Performance Tester won't process your connection but I'm sure someone from the Digicare Team will advise sooner or later.  Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi skib10,
I see you got the new profile this afternoon. Is it all working now?
Jojo Smiley
skib10
Grafter

Yeah the plusnet profile has been set to 17,000 and im currently gettings speeds of around 14.6-14.7mbps Im wondering if this is the highest it will go with these router stats:
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 9:44:45
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 17,046
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.0 / 19.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 15.5 / 6.5
i know 14.5 is good for a 17k profile but im wondering if there will be any improvement during the training period.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is that a wireless or wired test? Smiley
skib10
Grafter

that's a wired test. The bt speedtester started working and the profile is around 15.1mbps on it. i guess that's the maximum for this connection? or is it possible to get to actually bump it up to 17k.
JayG
Pro

The BT profile can't be "bumped" as such, and assuming your downstread SNRM is still around 6 (the default that the DLM "aims" for) I don't think there is much scope for improvement without starting to play around with any extension wiriing, new filters, different router etc to see what happens (if you do it's probably best to wait until after the training period though.).
skib10
Grafter

I thought as much. thanks for the help JayG.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi skib10,
Looks like your sync is ~17000, so bearing in mind that your profile is around 15000 that's about right, as profiles are 88.2% of the sync rate.
Jojo Smiley