Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ Wireless Router

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

ADSL2+ Wireless Router

Can plusnet please tell me which model do they have to support ADSL2+ wireless router and how much it cost to pay because my current Netgear DG834N V2 (if using ethernet cable) noise margin staying at 3.3db but if I use wi-fi (n mode) then noise margin drop to 0.9db as I had to use ethernet for the time being because I don't like the noise margin to be at 0.9db on the wi-fi side.
I want the best ADSL2+ wireless router (N is a must!)
3 REPLIES 3
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: ADSL2+ Wireless Router

Hi goldenadsl,
For ADSL2+ we supply a Thomson ST585 v8 modem/router.  This router will support a wireless N speed up to 65Mbps.  If you would like to purchase this router you can do so for a fee of £40 plus £4.99 for postage and packaging.  Alternatively you can take the router free of charge and defer the cost of the router for 12 months.  This means you will only pay for the router if you were to leave within 12 months from the date of the request for the router.  If you stay for a period of 12 months you would not pay for the router and the router is yours to keep.  You would only have to pay for the £4.99 postage and packaging fee with this option.
If you would like to go ahead you should raise a support ticket stating if you would like to pay for the router or defer the payment over 12 months.  You will need an active credit or debit card attached to your account for any payments due.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

The N wireless should be 150Mbps / 300Mbps not 65Mbps ? as my Netgear DG834N is 150Mbps N mode as I think 65Mbps sound bit low to me for N wi-fi exspecially thick walls ? Also I had read reviews of this Thomson as it was poor reviews indeed. I don't like Thomson to be honest!
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: goldenadsl

I want the best ADSL2+ wireless router (N is a must!)

I don't know your sync rate, but I believe 'N' is only really necessary if you are over about 20,000 Kbps.  Undecided
Though I have a 585V8 and in my house the wireless range is a bit suspect!
The Billion 7800N is supposed to have a good wireless range.
Derek