cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ Request

rosco191

ADSL2+ Request

Hi, l'm looking to see if one of the staff can put through an ADSL2+ request for me. I've had a recent issue with my connection but just turned out my router decided to mess up its login setting of it's own accord. That's fixed now but I noticed i'm only on ADSL2 with the setting on auto, when trying to set it manually to ADSL2+ it resorts back to G.DMT. Current ADSL2 summary says:

Mode: ADSL2

Setting: VPI - 0 VCI - 38

Interleaving - Off 

Line Speed: Up - 971kbps  Down - 3751kbps

Line Attenuation: Up - 29.1 Down - 48.4

SN Margin: Up - 6.5 Down - 6.1

According to samknows.com i'm 0 meters away from my exchange but in the exchange search its about a mile and a half away. I'm a bit confused to what the deal is with that, if anyone can clear that up it would be nice.

According to the Ookla speed test i'm getting around 3.2-3.4Mbps download and 0.6-0.8Mbps upload so any improvement possible would be nice. Also as a side note am I capable off receiving fibre as i'm receiving contradictory answers from bt openreach,samknows and bt availability check.

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: ADSL2+ Request

Going from ADSL2 to ADSL2+ would very likely have no effect as the primary difference is that ADSL2+ uses higher frequencies which, with your attenuation, wouldn't be used anyway

Putting your numbers in here http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/calc/index.php gives

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/calc/index.php?param=RG4gMzc1MSBEbiA0OC40IERuIDYuMSBEbiAx#res

Having said that there may be room for improvement - have you tried using the test socket

rosco191

There is only a primary socket and a secondary socket which is right next too it (bit pointless i think) as far as i know. What effects the attenuation exactly, would i be able to improve it at all with a better setup as i could really do with better setup than an old talktalk or sky router. Sorry for the kinda stupid questions, i'm perfectly fine dealing with PC's but the network side of things I get totally lost with after a certain point.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In which case you are probably stuck with it

These are my results from a couple of years ago then a year ago  and that was the best I could get due to a relatively poor line from the exchange to my local cab

2014-03-10_112646.jpg2015-01-17_115634.jpg

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @rosco191

I've checked your broadband asset and it's currently provisioned on ADSL2+

Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rosco191

That's what i was kinda expecting Jim, never seem to have a that great of a line wherever i go. Thanks for that Harry at least i know it's there. Is there any way there might be a setting stopping ADSL2+ or is it just the router not wanting to play along. Also is 24652 total errors seconds acceptable after sync up time off 21h 29m ?