cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ Bonding

sohara

ADSL2+ Bonding

Hi,
As BT:OR seem to have deserted Milton Keynes without connecting Broughton Gate to the fancy fibre network, it seems I am stuck on a very low speed connection for the foreseeable future.
I would like to ask the following:
- How much is it to install a new line?
- Are there discounts to be had for installing another 3 lines?
- Do plus.net even offer a multiple line bonding service?
Thanks,
Steve
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL2+ Bonding

Hi there,
I'm afraid we don't sell any bonded connection solutions I'm afraid, though a new line is £49.99 and as far as I know there's no discount for ordering more than one.
jamie206

Hi folks,
To cut a long story short I will be moving back in with my parents for a period of time, possibly for around a 6 months to a year. They have BT broadband and phone.
I will be looking to get a second line installed so that I can carry on using my Plusnet account as I dont want to be paying for it and not using it. Also, it is an old, massive house with very thick walls and I only get 2 bar signal in my bedroom.
Is it just a case of phoning up and asking for this to be done?
Is it really only £50 to have this done?
Anyone's feedback on this would be much appreciated...
Jamie
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Buy a pair of homeplugs (e.g. these). Plug one in to their router and one in to a socket in your bedroom which will give you a full speed (up to 200mbps) ethernet connection in your bedroom. If you need multiple ports/wireless you may be able to reconfigure your router to act as a switch/wireless access point.
Plusnet have an option for downgrading your account to email only which you could use to keep your current email addresses - it used to be free but it's now something like £5-6 per month.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)