Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+/21CN Upgrade SLA

razorhazor81
Dabbler

ADSL2+/21CN Upgrade SLA

Hi,
So my exchange has been upgraded to ADSL2+/21CN and I've got my order placed to upgrade to 21CN, I've noticed a new Service Message stating that the completion date will be by 30th June.
What's the average time to switch over? I've heard 5 working days? is this right?
Also, what's involved? is it simply a case of a BTOR engineer unplugging a cable and plugging it in on the new equipment? or is it a configuration change?
Cheers
Matt
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: ADSL2+/21CN Upgrade SLA

Hi there,
I've checked and we already have an order in place to upgrade your line to ADSL2+ on Wednesday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
razorhazor81
Dabbler

Cry still no ADSL2+ it would seem, any news on the upgrade?
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI razorhazor81,
I've just had a look at your order and it's showing as due to complete on 29th June. The switch over would only take 5 working days if the order was placed manually. As this was placed automatically it takes 10 working days.
Jojo Smiley
razorhazor81
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,
That's odd as the order was placed as a result of raising a ticket?
Just out of interest, what's involved in switching the connection? Is it a case of unplugging the connection and plugging it into the new hardware at the exchange? (In very lamens terms!)
Matt
Quote from: Joanne
HI razorhazor81,
I've just had a look at your order and it's showing as due to complete on 29th June. The switch over would only take 5 working days if the order was placed manually. As this was placed automatically it takes 10 working days.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Matt,
When I say automatic I mean we have a button on our systems that says 'Provide on 21CN' and when this is pressed the order is sent automatically. So, when you raise a ticket this will be the process. The manual process means we have to log into our suppliers systems and go through about 9 pages of filling in details before the order is confirmed. As you can imagine this is quite a lengthy process, so not something we'd normally do.
Yes, switching the connection just means taking it from the 20CN equipment (DSLAM) and moving it to the 21CN equipment (MSAN) so an engineer will be dispatched to do that.
Jojo Smiley