cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL upload speed

longer

ADSL upload speed

Not sure if anyone can help but since Thursday/Friday last week there is no upload speed showing in the mornings.
for example:-
Using BTW speed test this morning at 9.52am it shows
download speed 2.06
upload 0.00
ping latency 0.00
If I switch the router off and then back on again the upload speed returns.
Using BTW speed test this morning at 10.01am it shows
download speed 2.25
upload 0.36
ping latency 55.25
So I'm assuming  something is happening overnight to knock it out but I don't know what.
The only router I have is a Thomson TG585 v8 software release 8.2.7.8 (issued by plusnet a few years ago). The position of the router has not changed since it was installed about 7 years ago. Nothing else in the house has changed and there is nothing on a timer in the house either.
I don't know anything about broadband so I'm at a loss to know why it's suddenly doing it. 
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: ADSL upload speed

Hi,
Can you please take a look at the speed issues thread - link below - and post all of the requested information?
Is the phone line quiet?  Dial 17070 option 2

Edit - corrected phone no.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longer

Thanks Townman for your advice but I decided to wait to see if it resolved itself (mainly as I wasn't too sure how to find the required information once I used the link).
I'm pleased to say that after a week and half the problem seems to have gone away. Not sure how or why it's gone but I'm just glad it has.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I fear you'll find you have an intermittent line issue.  At best it will come back again no worse that you have seen.  At worse one day you'll wake up to a completely dead phone line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.