cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL to Fiber Long Wait!

hst125scorton1
Grafter

ADSL to Fiber Long Wait!

Hi, firstly I'm new to PlusNet after moving over from TalkTalk.
Any cutting to the point recently I've been trying to back onto Fiber after I had to let go of it from TalkTalk. I'm served from the Cleveleys Exchange and Cabinet 44 and since been having issues trying to get fiber. After bombarding BT Wholesale Checker they said 23rd July I should be able to order :), since then FTTC had completely disappeared and only just come back this morning with a new date 26th August and a message "Fiber currently not available on this cabinet" could anyone assist me into what that means? I was hoping to have Fiber before August but seems not due to High Capacity. How long would it take for it to become available again? Sure it was a line card that needed to be installed.
Thanks Aaron.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: ADSL to Fiber Long Wait!

Hi
"Fiber currently not available on this cabinet" could anyone assist me into what that means?

Apart from the obvious meaning that usually implies the cabinet hasn't been readied for fibre yet.
I've checked Openreach's FTTC deployment plans and nothing shows for anything in your area at the moment but I'd definitely keep checking every few weeks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: ADSL to Fiber Long Wait!

Hi,
A warm welcome to the forums.  It is not clear from your opening post if you had Talktalk fibre at your current premises or at some previous place.
In some areas cabinets have yet to be upgraded to fibre full stop - in others they are either full or have defective equipment awaiting repair.  Until capacity is restored or enhanced such cabinets go "unavailable" and availability dates can slip week on week as BT Openreach fail to deliver service.
Sadly it is a amatter of waiting and watching.  On some occasions, availability does 'arrive' earlier than the forecast, especially after previous dates have already been missed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.