cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL speed Training period. Plusnet delivery fail.

mehmedveli
Dabbler

ADSL speed Training period. Plusnet delivery fail.

Hey all, im new here.
Migrated from Bt, and my line was activated yesterday.
All started very troublesome. I made the order around 15.02.2016.
Just to be sure that everything will be fine on time.
After 4 weeks i already forgot that i am switching until the day came, and we waked up without internet.
Router was not sent from Plusnet. I told myself not a problem, i have router, will put the settings in it and everything will be fine.
But of course the line also was not activated. I believe i spent about 4 hours on the phone waiting and being transfered that day. In between the transfers they even forgot for what i am calling etc. Late evening i have been told that the line is acivated and to wait until Saturday , and if still no internet to call technical support.
Overnight nothing changed. So another call, and being transfered around. Talked with the support, and after few restarts of the router i got connection.
The thing is i believe i am restricted somehow, and not in training period. I never had connection or speed problems with BT always got around 6-7Mb download. I don't remember the router stats then , but SNR ratio was diff. Here are the current stats of my TP-Link  AC 750 Archer D2:

Upstream                                   Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps)                     288                                               1152
Max Rate (Kbps)                           1312                                               7780
SNR Margin (dB)                                 31                                                   32
Line Attenuation (dB)                         19                                                 35.7
Errors (Pkts)                                          0                                                       0
When 2 peoples are using internet it becomes nightmare, loading basic page takes ages. Not to mention gaming, i play Lotro , and never had trouble, now its constant la, almost freezing.
Please, can i ask you for help or SNR reset? whatever you are doing overthere.  My lines are fine, my router is very stable, never had a drop with BT and Talk Talk before.
Thanks in advance.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ADSL speed Training period. Plusnet delivery fail.

Hi 'mehmedveli', and welcome to the forum  Smiley

Your current rate of 288/1152 shows that your 20CN ADSL connection profile has been "banded" by the BT exchange, due to severe line instability at some point.
Whereas the 1312/7780 shows that your speedtest results should potentially be much faster once your connection is fixed and unbanded.
As this is the weekend and no Plusnet staff will be available to help today, I would suggest you login to the Plusnet "Member Centre" and run through the questions asked by the "Broadband Troubleshooter", which will collect diagnostic fault finding answers which the Plusnet "Faults Team" can use to assist with resolving your problem, when they return to work on Monday.
Wink
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It's not been banded as such, it's been provisioned wrongly onto a fixed rate 1Mb service. 20CN lines can't be banded by the DLM, nor can 21CN ADSL1 lines.
mehmedveli
Dabbler

Thanks. thats what i tought. Never had line problem, its just started when switched.
mav:quote
mehmedveli
Dabbler

Quote from: Nibiru
Hi 'mehmedveli', and welcome to the forum   Smiley

Your current rate of 288/1152 shows that your 20CN ADSL connection profile has been "banded" by the BT exchange, due to severe line instability at some point.
Whereas the 1312/7780 shows that your speedtest results should potentially be much faster once your connection is fixed and unbanded.
As this is the weekend and no Plusnet staff will be available to help today, I would suggest you login to the Plusnet "Member Centre" and run through the questions asked by the "Broadband Troubleshooter", which will collect diagnostic fault finding answers which the Plusnet "Faults Team" can use to assist with resolving your problem, when they return to work on Monday.
Wink

Thanks, but i think the other reply is the correct one. never had line fault etc. Had no internet only the day when the switch over was. On training period i think the stats are supposed to change, but nothing so far. Router is on without drops over 30 hours now. Same stats download speed test between 0.6-0.9 Mbps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that 'ejs' explanation of being incorrectly provisioned is the more likely answer.
I was recalling what I understood to be the case regarding unstable lines from here - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/DLM_profiles.htm

Regardless of the cause, what are you going to do about it ?
mehmedveli
Dabbler

P.S
The link is almost useless. Again leading to phone lines or Online chat which is grey, but I tried online chat yesterday , and the staff was not helpfull, just reading script.
Thanks again.
After so many hours lost at the activation date with the phone lines never again. And anyway, i made a call yesterday, but girl talking with me have no clue at all, and she insist its in training period. So i will report fault with your link, and will wait some of the staff here to notice the topic tomorrow. Thank you.
mav:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing you might not know, is that it is a rule of this forum, that you don't fully quote the previous reply, otherwise you will have the moderators after you !
If you use quotes, then try and restrict the quoted text to the specific phrase (or whatever) that you are responding to - not the entire previous reply.
Wink
mehmedveli
Dabbler

Thanks for that. My wrong.
 Was going to edit when saw that Mike already edit all.Thank you Mike.
Mav
Fixes: 514

No problem Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mehmedveli
Dabbler

Well after another Live chat, finally i got  a person who was knowing what i am talking about.
Whe i said i believe that i am wrongly capped, and can the tech can reset the SNR. Guess what was the answer?
"Okay, an SNR reset won't fix this. The line was ordered at 1 Mbps. I'll modify the line for you and it will take 1 working day to resolve."
Well that was another surprise for me.
Is there any broadband provider who is still selling 1 Mbp speed broadband?
Why the previos chat girl was not knowing about that? How the ordering system of PN works?  To be mixed so badly, from activation date to router delivery and speed?
Good that it looks everything will end up fine. But was really bad experience with the phone calls.
Thanks all for your responses.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally these adjustments occur between midnight and 06:00 on the next working weekday,
so with a bit of luck you should be sorted by breakfast time tomorrow.
If it hasn't, post back here, so that a staff member can check whether the change order should have gone through.
mehmedveli
Dabbler

All fixed.
Thanks for your support guys.