cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL slowdown

Jim_R

ADSL slowdown

Since my line was upgraded to ADSL2 I've had a download speed of around 16.5 Mbps, but over the last few days the speed has dropped to around 2.5 Mbps - which is worse than before the upgrade to ADSL2.

I have rebooted my router several times and tested it in the master socket. Also a close neighbour is having similar issues that started at a similar time, so I don't think the issue is with equipment on my premises.

Can anyone at PlusNet help?

Router Info:

# adslctl info --stats | more
adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Channel: FAST, Upstream rate = 1024 Kbps, Downstream rate = 3069 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode:                   ADSL2+
Channel:                Fast
Trellis:                U:ON /D:ON
Line Status:            No Defect
Training Status:        Showtime
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):       10.8            6.3
Attn(dB):       8.5             4.3
Pwr(dBm):       19.2            12.4
Max(Kbps):      14132           1103
Rate (Kbps):    3069            1024

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: ADSL slowdown

Hi @Jim_R,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. Thank you for letting us know that your neighbour is also experiencing this problem. I can see from the fault ticket on your account that you've already been through the troubleshooting checks on your side and you've confirmed that these haven't resolved the problem.

I've tested your line today and it's currently syncing at 2mbps. There are some automatic settings on your line which are limiting the speed you're able to achieve to a maximum of 2mbps.

I've arranged for the line to be reset to try and fix this. The reset normally takes 4 hours to complete. After 4 hours your router will need to be powered off for 10 seconds and then turned back on. When it reconnects we'd expect the speed to be normal again, but it can take 24 hours before everything fully updates.

Please let us know if your speed hasn't improved after 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Jim_R

Thanks for responding EmilyD.

Unfortunately my throughput speeds have not returned to normal. I added a note to the fault ticket to that effect on Friday morning, but I haven't heard anything back since.

This morning my throughput was down to 1 Mbps.

Please let me know someone at PlusNet is doing something about resolving this issue.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for trying what you can. It looks like DLM has restricted speeds due to the regular drop-outs we're still seeing. 

I've just added an update to the fault ticket on your account advising how we can move things forward, here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197472304

Please feel free to get back to here once you've responded to that so we can keep following things up with you. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team