cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL painfully slow after being away for a couple of months

Jezzah

ADSL painfully slow after being away for a couple of months

Heya,
Had a similar fault to this before and it was able to be sorted in a few mins!
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 283 kbps 756 kbps
Line Attenuation 57.5 db 34.0 db
Noise Margin 7.3 db 6.2 db
Basically the connection used to be able to download at a 4-5mbits/s but now it's only able to download at 200kbps. When I posted about this previously an admin named "Linn K" was able to sort it, apparently the speed profile was set incorrectly! Would it be possible to check again for me?
Cheers Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: ADSL painfully slow after being away for a couple of months

Hi Jezzah,
I've just had a look into this for you.
It looks to be a different issue to last time.
The connection appears to be dropping in and out fairly frequently,  that in turn has led to the reduced IP profile.
We'll need to investigate this as a fault for you in order to get that fixed. Please report that with us over at http://faults.plus.net as soon as you can.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
I doubt there is anything wrong with your profile.  The synch speed is diabolical - DS is slower than US.
This has all the hall marks of a phone line fault.
Is there a dial tone?
Is the line noisy?  Dial 17070 option 2.
Is the router plugged into the master socket?
Are there any extensions?
You can find the current profile settings by running the BTw speed test - further diagnostics and by looking here - https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed - the "current speed" is the PN Profile.
...Adam posted first!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jezzah

Heya
Tried the 17070 quiet test, there was no noticeable noise and the router is in the mater socket (only one socket). I've raised a support ticket so will see what happens!
Cheers
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for raising that.
It's gone through to our Faults team and they'll be in touch as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's looking more stable from our side now and the speed has increased back to over 3Mb, let us know if you have any other issues we can help with.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.