Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL migrating back to Plusnet today but line is currently down

ajs74
Dabbler

ADSL migrating back to Plusnet today but line is currently down

Hi all
First time poster here so please be gentle!  Smiley
I am migrating back to Plusnet from Sky and my line is hopefully being migrated today (I say hopefully because a few days after signing up, I was told the ADSL would be activated on the 20/12/11, but after speaking to support last Friday, they managed to expedite it to today). However, since about 2pm, I have been without a telephone line altogether - no phone and no broadband.
Is this normal??? I have had downtime during previous supplier switches but nothing like this!
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: ADSL migrating back to Plusnet today but line is currently down

Over 5 hours seems a long time for the service to be switched. I suggest giving the CSC a call to check the status of your order. However the call queue is up to 20 minutes at the moment.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there ajs74,
Sorry to hear that, did it all get sorted out for you?
Apprentice
Grafter

Is this normal???

Can be sometimes if moving from full LLU i.e. MPF  (Metallic Path Facility) back to the BT network.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I can see you've raised a fault on the phone line with your current provider, hope that gets things sorted for you.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Apprentice
Is this normal???

Can be sometimes if moving from full LLU i.e. MPF  (Metallic Path Facility) back to the BT network.

No not normal, SMPF, MPF and and upgrades all take the same time between 5  to 20 minutes.
ajs74
Dabbler

Hi all, thanks for the responses... despite the fault being resolved fairly quickly by Sky (as my phone service was still with them, it still took a further 2 weeks to get back online due to BTW not closing off my order despite completing everything they had to do and this preventing Plusnet from activating my account. Got there in the end after much frustration but no problems (touch wood!) since, really happy and now impatiently waiting for Fibre to come to my cabinet in March  Grin