Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL loss of synch

JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

ADSL loss of synch

On Friday morning I experienced loss of ADSL synchronisation, raised a ticket (22563171) and went through the broadband checker, which (I believe) confirmed, yes, there was indeed a loss of synch, just as the blinking led on my modem/router was showing.
Support have said they have asked interleaving to be switched on, which may occur tomorrow, and then I have to wait for a further 48 hours before anything useful will be done.
I did not have stability issues with my connection, it had been absolutely fine until Friday morning, so interleaving is extremely unlikely to do anything useful and just gives a delay to getting BT to sort the problem out  (as well as ping delays and slower speeds when it is sorted out).
This means at least a further 3 working days until the problem is actually addressed, on top of the existing 1 working day already, and how many more after that to actually fix it?
Can't you just get BT to do it now?  Angry
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL loss of synch

Unfortunately BT don't work weekends though they will be working from midnight tonight - I'd say it'll be done first thing in the morning, and I'll make sure your ticket is with someone who can action it for you first thing tomorrow.
JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated.
Even if BT don't work weekends, getting a fault logged a.s.a.p. would be good.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, apologies for the hassle.
As an aside...
Can't you just get BT to do it now?  Angry

If I had a pound for every time I've heard that, I'd have bought BT out just to stop hearing it  Wink
JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star

Can't you just get BT to do it now?

If I had a pound for every time I've heard that, I'd have bought BT out just to stop hearing it  Wink

At a pound a go, you'd have been able to retire by now anyway
Wink
JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star

In the meantime I've heard from support who say they won't call BT until intervleaving has been switched on, and has been on for at least 48 hours.
They say the fault is intermittent, because on Friday 10th the adsl synched for some time.
I say the fault is *not* intermittent because all was fine until Friday and has been down since Friday.
Now I am on day 4 of the fault, I have to go 2 more days without ADSL before they will even put in a fault report to BT.

I think it's time to read up on how to go about getting my migration code  Sad
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Apologies for the delay in getting this raised, it's now been passed to BT Wholesale for investigation, and hopefully they'll have it up and running for you soon.