cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL line disconnects frequently

AJ0704
Dabbler

ADSL line disconnects frequently

Would it be possible to have some feedback from the service desk on a broadband fault that has been going on for almost a month.  I've attached my latest router syslog.

Many thanks

Please refer to the following open and closed calls -

Question #208139689

Question #207711726

Question #207510057

7 REPLIES 7
jsmorton

Re: ADSL line disconnects frequently

join the club this is the worst company I have ever used for broadband, disconnected around 4 times a day and cannot even get wifi in my bedroom. Roll on July when my contract is up.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @AJ0704 Smiley

I've updated question number 208139689

The other ones are closed questions on your account Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ0704
Dabbler

Re:  Question number 208139689

Drop outs still happen - I keep attaching syslogs from my router, showing what's happening, but I haven't had a feedback on them.

My mother is 90 and I'm her carer - it's vital for me to remain in contact with her via Facetime.

Please can this be sorted - it's been going on far too long now.  I must be due some form of recompense too.

Not a happy customer at the moment.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @AJ0704,

I'm sorry that your connection is still dropping and for the inconvenience that this is causing. I've had a look in to this now and have added a reply to the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ0704
Dabbler

Thanks Emily - no contact from Openreach as yet, could you jolly them along please?

Problem still happening (latest router log attrached)

Cheers - AJ

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @AJ0704

I can see you got in touch with our faults team today and they have booked in an engineer appointment for you, once we've got the notes from that appointment we'll be able to go from there. 

Thanks. 

AJ0704
Dabbler

Not a happy teddy.

I've had Openreach out who discovered that one of my filters was slightly corroded - I replaced that whilst they were here, problem still exists.

Talked about potential of changing to FTCC and found out that the property had been put into the wrong pool so it would always say that this was unavailable, despite properties all around having access to fibre.

This admin error was corrected - and since the problem with my ADSL line remaining unresolved, I took the plunge and decided to move to fibre broadband (this was on 12 Dec).  So far there has been little activity apart from being told that the order had not been activated at the Plusnet end.

In the meantime, I had purchased a new VDSL/ADSL router (in addition to the £6 one on offer with the fibre upgrade) - which at the moment has served no purpose - the dropping ADSL link is still happening.

Also - I've been charged £65 call out for the Openreach guys (who, admittedly, DID move the master socket to a more appropriate place, whilst at the same time tidying up / bypassing) the exisitng cabling to ensure a good connection) BUT this is despite the orginal fault not having been corrected - and this has been ongoing since being first reported in OCTOBER.

Come on guys - do you really expect me to pay for that level of service?

So - I would like this charge waved and either the FTCC order fulfilled or the ADSL fault sorted as soon as possible - before this goes to an offical complaint.

AJ