cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL getting slower again

weeally46
Rising Star

ADSL getting slower again

The line has been more stable but the speed has dropped and snr increased to 9db, on both download and upload speed.
QLT is good, a slight hiss nothing too bad, but the speeds are still lacking from what I've seen in the past.

I had the line set to FAST path a few months ago this improved latency but speeds have been steadly declining and noise increasing.

Line stats and BTW test below.

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: ADSL getting slower again

Something doesn't add up here...

Line attenuation at 2dB suggests that you are all but in the exchange and should get 24mbps - but you do not.

The SNRM at 8dB is an odd figure - 6dB or 9dB would be a standard figure - both being 8dB is doubly odd.

Are you manipulating the SNRM (not the best of practices)?

For the SNRM to be different from one of the standard figures, there much have been a change in the current level of noise compared to that present at the last resync - more noise if the target is 9dB or less noise if the target is 6dB.

Other than that then the DLM is doing something off.

Will your router support interrogation by router stats?  See the link below. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

weeally46
Rising Star

Hello Townman

I'm not adding any compensation with my router on the SNR.

I'm running a Draytek 2860 and have had problems getting router stats running. I did try an old Bt hub and the noise levels were the same on it.

I can't get my head around it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Which version of routerstats did you chose?  The lite version should work "out of the box" for your router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

weeally46
Rising Star

I'm getting a Socket Error # 10061.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Suggest you raise a question with the software author.  John is usually quite helpful.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@weeally46 wrote:

The line has been more stable but the speed has dropped and snr increased to 9db, on both download and upload speed.
QLT is good, a slight hiss nothing too bad, but the speeds are still lacking from what I've seen in the past.

I had the line set to FAST path a few months ago this improved latency but speeds have been steadly declining and noise increasing.

Line stats and BTW test below.

Seems to be a high error rate upstream compared to the downstream. Usually it would be the other way around.