Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Upload Speed

acarneiro
Grafter

ADSL Upload Speed

Hello, you wonderful PlusNet lot...
I live literally 100 yards from my exchange whichm unfortunately, hasn't been upgraded since 2006 and as such can offer only ADSL with a maximum download speed of 8Mbps.
My current upstream speed is about 400 Kbps and I'm lead to believe that this can be increased to around 800 Kbps on request.
Not sure whether that is possible only on ADSL2+ connections, but if it is possible on ADSL then would someone be kind enough to "flick the swicth"? Low upstream speeds are really crippling my broadband experience, unfortunately.
Thank you! Cheesy
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL Upload Speed

Hi there,
It is possible on ADSL... but unfortunately it also means paying for the Max Premium service, which is another £7.83 a month. If you'd like to go for it please let us know and we'll do so (it'll double the upload to approximately 832kbps).
acarneiro
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, Matt.
Would I carry on with my unlimited package as well as my 8Mbit downstream speed?
And in what way does this service differ from my Pro Addon? If I take it should I just get rid of the Pro Addon?
Thanks! Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Yes the Unlimited and 8Mb downstream won't change.
Max Premium is a physical change on the line that doubles your upload speed. The Pro add-on is on our network (not BTs) and affects the prioritisation of your traffic, basically moving everything into the top priority, so they're totally different things. Hope that helps you decide whether you'd like to keep the Pro add on if you go for Max Premium Smiley
acarneiro
Grafter

Hi, Matt
Yes, that makes perfect sense, thank you.
Would you be kind enough, then to activate Max Plus on my line? I understand that this means an extra 7.83 per month and that I need to give you a 30 day notice to cancel.
Thank you so much for the good news! Cheesy
Andre
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Andre:  If you are on our latest Unlimited Product, you don't need the pro add on.  Get rid Wink
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I note you are on Unlimited - would you like me to remove the Pro add-on for you as well?
acarneiro
Grafter

Thanks for the tip, Kelly Wink
Yes, please Matt. If it'll make no difference then I might as well save myself the £5 a month Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Order for Max Premium now placed and it'll be on for tomorrow for you. The Pro add-on has also been removed for you Smiley
acarneiro
Grafter

You're the best, Matt! And thanks for the tip once again, Kelly! Cheesy
mjbennett

Hi, Matt
Would it be possible to have this on my account as well?
I've made a request on http://trials.plus.net but it hasn't been actioned yet. Any chance you could nudge it along a little bit? Wink
Matt
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

TIP: After your lines are changed to Max Premium check that the ringing of an incoming phone call doesn't cause a high number of errors and/or disconnections. It's a long thread, but http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113083.msg988042.html#msg988042 is the most relevant post.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
acarneiro
Grafter

Thanks for that, jelv
It's a good thing nobody ever calls me anyway.... Except for PPI claim companies, of course... Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mjbennett,
The ticket's been picked up for you and the order should complete on Friday, hope that helps.