cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Speed is lower....

cuke2u
Grafter

ADSL Speed is lower....

Hi, for as long as I can remember my ADSL speed shown within the router has always been above 8100 kpbs, however now it is 7616 kbps.
Any reason that this might be?
Cheers,
Chris
26 REPLIES 26
scootie
Grafter

Re: ADSL Speed is lower....

your line may have switched from fastpath to interleaved looking at the sync rates.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm
It should also be pointed out that whilst BTw state that applying interleaving shouldn't reduce your line speed, it does reduce the maximum line rate achievable from 8128kbps to 7616kbps due to the additional overhead required for check bytes.

If you want that extra sync back then raise an interleaving ticket and request interleaving to be switched off, this will stop the auto system applying interleaving to your line.
this will keep your bras profile at its maxium possable to http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm#IP_and_bRAS_profiles
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, thanks for your answer, I will instigate a ticket asap...
Chris
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, I raised a ticket but +net seems to more interested in checking my line speed not my link speed. They do not appear to listening...
Chris
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You shouldn't have mentioned speed - just ask for interleaving to be turned off. This avoids confusion
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, that was in my question and then I clirified with this; "HI, I think you might have misunderstood my question, or sent me a stock reply. The figure I am refering to is the one shown in my router's status as ADSL Link Speed 7616 kbps." However they are still ignoring me..
Chris
James
Grafter

Re:ADSL Speed is lower....

Hi there,
I've placed an order to remove interleaving for you (as per your ticket).  It should be off by tomorrow morning.
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, thanks James, my ADSL Link Speed  is now back up to 8128 kbps. However my speed generally tonight is poor
Chris
Mand
Grafter

Re:ADSL Speed is lower....

That is poor. Have you tried rebooting? What are the speeds like now?
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi again, well after a brief time my Link Sync Speed is back down to 7872 Kbps, could it be that interleaving has been turned back on again?
Cheers,
Chris
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, maybe it'll be better if I raise another ticket?
Chris
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, or maybe I'll just get along talking to myself  Wink Speeds aren#t too good again this evening, last time I founfd I was on ag03, tonight I'm on ag1 and these are the stats:

Cheers,
Chris
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, rebooted router:
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: cuke2u
Hi again, well after a brief time my Link Sync Speed is back down to 7872 Kbps, could it be that interleaving has been turned back on again?

Just checked Chris and interleaving's still switched off. Does your router tell you how many corrected/uncorrected errors you're getting? Turning interleaving off may have made things worse.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Can you post your modem/router full ADSL line stats - Downstream (DS) & Upstream (US) Sync/connect speed, Attenuation, Noise Margin (SNRM) & Power + any error data.
Try here if you need help getting them - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php