cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL IP Profile Reset/adjustment

onedoc1
Hooked

ADSL IP Profile Reset/adjustment

Please could someone adjust or reset my ip profile on plusnet side to sync with bt wholesale at 6.81 Mbps thanks.

BT WHOLESALE STATS

Download speed achieved during the test was - 5.13 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 6.81 Mbps

PLUSNET STATS:

Current line speed: 5.3 Mb
7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: ADSL IP Profile Reset/adjustment

Hello @onedoc1

And, done.

If you disconnect and reconnect your PPP session you should see a slight increase in throughput.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Anoush,

i thought that the failure to track BT profile changes was fully resolved, making the need for manual intervention a thing of the past?

An opportunity to eliminate the need to contact support?

@PlusnetLiam,

Does by any chance this forum tool have (hidden?) means to enable PN staff to catagorise the nature of an issue raised so that some level of issue type counting can be performed to identify opportunities to eliminate the need to contact support / apply focus for service improvement?

If there is no such in-built capability then may be the use of tags might help as in #profilereset ?  Such use to be restricted either by technology or agreed practices by the community members.

What do you think?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@Townman - To be honest, the profile was actually correct before. As the sync was 6283 kbps. I'd thought to give the profile a nudge to match the sync, but delta reports from suppliers have knocked it back down again.

-Edit-

The current line rate is 5369 kbps which is on target for our profile of 5300 kbps.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Anoush,

On the basis of the information in the OP the profiles were not in synch.

The fact that the profile has gone down again rather implies that the synch speed has changed / the line has stability issues.  (For others) if this is an adsl2 service then the profile is 82% of the synch speed, I'd ADSL then the profile is constrained to synch speed 'bands'.

@onedoc1,

It wold be worth while you following the speed issue thread guidance and posting your router stats here.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

i thought that the failure to track BT profile changes was fully resolved, making the need for manual intervention a thing of the past?

They're largely irrelevant on the new network, the profile on our side doesn't impact the throughput.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

...unless you are still on the original network / have a fixed IP address?

At the risk of going off topic, are you able to indicate what proportion of the user base have been moved ... and confirm that those of us with fixed IPs will not be moved over?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I believe that even if you have a static IP you'll still be moved over to the dedicated network.

However, using a static IP routes the traffic through L2TP.