Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Home Surf - Traffic Management

WWWombat
Grafter

Re: ADSL Home Surf - Traffic Management

Brewster,
If you have the 13G and 17G limits, then it looks like you're on the old Premier option 1, which is documented at http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml
but I'm guessing that my current product 'just' has the 13/17Gb points at which shaping is applied

I read the 2 tables on that page slightly differently...
- If you have used between 0GB and 13GB, then your traffic is shaped according to the 2nd table.
- If you have used between 13GB and 17GB, then your traffic is shaped by both the 1st table "level 1" rule and the 2nd table during peak hours, and just by the 2nd table outside peak hours.
- If you have used between 17GB and 20GB, then your traffic is shaped by both the 1st table "level 2" rule and the 2nd table during peak hours, and just by the 2nd table outside peak hours.
- If you have used over 20GB, then your traffic is shaped by both the 1st table "level 3" rule and the 2nd table during peak hours, and just by the 2nd table outside peak hours.
So shaping will be applied, even if you're below any limit.
It is interesting to read that the second table is only an example that are applied at the busiest times. I guess the shaping has become more of a definitive statement in contracts since that date.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.