Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Filters

jackoab
Grafter

Re: ADSL Filters

Hi James,
                  Before the problem my SNR was 6db, I know I'm due a IP Profile step up but not for a mimimum of 2 days as my latest sync. was Sunday morning, Jack.
jackoab
Grafter

Line Mode G.DMT  Line State Show Time 
Latency Type Interleave  Line Up Time 03:08:07:01 
Line Coding Trellis On  Line Up Count 1 

Statistics Downstream Upstream 
Line Rate 5152 Kbps 448 Kbps 
Noise Margin 15.0 dB 21.0 dB 
Line Attenuation 37.0 dB 20.0 dB 
Output Power 19.8 dBm 12.1 dBm 
Hi James,
                  As you can see my line hasn't dropped but neither has my profile or SNR changed, I realise you have other things to do apart from looking after me but could BT possibly be nudged, regards, Jack.

James
Grafter

Hi Jack,
Your profile is currently showing as 4500Kbps.
Do you want to try rebooting your router and see if you get better download speeds?
jackoab
Grafter

Thanks James, must have changed recently, rebooted router and now sync. is 5120 kbps. what I need now is to get my SNR lowered as until I do I'm not going to see any further speed increase and with my sync. now on the borderline could easily see it drop, regards, Jack.
EDIT.
This morning I rebooted my router to try to improve my sync. and my SNR came up at 18db and my sync. at around 4484 kbps. now  I immediately rebooted and my SNR was 15 db. and my sync. 5152 kbps. but now my IP Profiler appears to have reset to 3500kbps ( I can't check this because of BT's 3 hour rule).
What could have caused this sudden fluctuation as before this problem started my line was as steady as a rock and never dropped, Jack.
EDIT (2)
I've now raised a ticket about this problem, Jack.