cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Filters

James
Grafter

Re: ADSL Filters

Might be a long shot, Jack. What sort of phone is it?
Any chance that you could try using a different phone to see if the problem continues?
jackoab
Grafter

Beat you to it James, tried a different phone yesterday, no change, Jack.
My phone is a BT Synergy 4500 (DECT) and the one I tried yesterday was an ordinary corded handset.
James
Grafter

What kind of phone were the two that you've tried so far?
jackoab
Grafter

James, Should I use your link to report a fault or report it to BT, Jack. 
Sorry I missed your last post as it turned a page, my phone is a BT Synergy 4500 and the second was an ordinary corded handset.
James
Grafter

Thanks Jack - It should be your phone if you've tried a corded one too.
If you could try the link I gave you earlier.
jackoab
Grafter

James, went right through the test and wound up with this;
Please check which telephone device is causing your service to stop working.    Close fault 
I had already stated that it was the telephone that was causing the problem but it seems to think the fault is now fixed.
Sorry if I sound thick but where do I go from here? ,Jack.
Have just borrowed another corded phone from a friend and it has been running for 4 Hrs. without a problem, in the morning I will buy a corded phone and try with it for a longer period, will let you know what happens later tomorrow, Jack.
Sorry to keep loading this post James but my IP Profile on the Members Centre never keeps up with the BT profile (at the moment PN 3500-BT 4000) if the PN one doesn't work could it be disabled in some way?

James
Grafter

Hi Jack,
Let me know how you get on with the phone.
The Plusnet profile will always run a bit behind the BT one as it updates twice a day, not in real time.
jackoab
Grafter

Hi James,  Have just fitted a new Binatone corded phone, made incoming and outgoing calls without dropping, it's early days yet but my fingers are crossed (along with everything else!), I will leave it connected and monitor it through the day and will let you know what happens. Thanks for all your help on this by the way.
When I said the PN Profile never changes without me prompting someone I meant NEVER not in all the time I've been with Plusnet, if this does solve the problem is there any chance of asking BT to reset my SRN back?, regards, Jack.
James
Grafter

Yep.  Let's give things a few days first Smiley
jackoab
Grafter

I'll let it run until Monday but I'm feeling confident as since the problem became obvious it hasn't run this long without dropping, PN Profile still at 3500kbps!.
Thanks again for your help, Jack.
James
Grafter

Thanks Jack.
I've changed your profile.
jackoab
Grafter

Hi James,
                  It's now 5 days since my line dropped and for the last 2 days I've had a DECT phone connected (not the original one!) so I think we can claim success at last. Would it now be possible to get my SNR lowered to it's previous setting, regards, Jack.
James
Grafter

Hi Jack,
As things currently stand, you're due to get an IP Profile rise to 4500Kbps if your current sync speed holds.
Let's wait for that update first and then see if there's been no change to the noise margin.  If there's not, I'll get something raised with BT, but you should see a decent speed increase from the IP Profile change for starters.
jackoab
Grafter

Hi James,
                  Before this problem started my IP Profile was running between 6000-6500 Kbps with a SNR of 6Db and my line has been very stable in the past so I really would like to see a lowering to something more reasonable, regards, Jack.
James
Grafter

Hi Jack,
I promise you that I'm not saying that I won't do it.
I just want to see the IP Profile pick up first.  Do you know what your noise margin used to be before your fault?