Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Broadband Disconnects

Yeknodathon
Hooked

ADSL Broadband Disconnects

Hi

Hoping for some information please? After years of faultless service over the last week or two (in Basingstoke region) I have had the broadband service intermittantly disconnect to provide no connection to the Internet.

Would there be a reason or change at Plusnet to explain a degradation in service?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: ADSL Broadband Disconnects

@Yeknodathon The reasons for broadband 'failures' can be many and varied, and are most often (but not always) in the BTOR infrastructure.

Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
Yeknodathon
Hooked

@jab1 Many thanks! Before I go down the route of supplying detailed info, would you be able to comment on the question; has Plusnet made any significant changes to the ADSL service that could impact Internet connectivity that may give intermittant dropouts?

Agreed in advance, it could be many things, lines, routers, noise etc etc but I wanted to check first if Plusnet have made changes?

Regards

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Yeknodathon I don't have any connection to PN , other than being a customer, but I'm fairly confident they haven't made any changes which could give rise tio your particular problem As I said, BTOR networking issues/faults are the main cause of this type of issue.

John
Yeknodathon
Hooked

Okay, thanks again.