Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL 2 ?

r2obd
Grafter

ADSL 2 ?

Hi
I had interleaving turned off and put onto fastpath for a week now and slowly my speed has been rising and the ping times are now down to the low 20's and my sync speed is at 2500 which is good for my distance from exchange,  but my curiosity has got the better of me and im wondering about the ADSL 2 and 2+ and whether it would benifit me ,  at the moment if i try to force my router to connect on adsl 2 or 2+ it will not sync. Is the adsl 2 / 2+ somthing that needs to be enabled on the line / profile ? I know the exchange is enabled for them.
I know how to tell the router to connect through different protocols throuh telnet so if adsl 2/2+ was no good for me i could force the router back onto adsl 1 ,,, so would it be possible to test on ADSL 2 / 2+ or not ? or is it that the adsl 2 / 2+ simply does not work on my distance from exchange ?  Crazy
Any help welcome.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: ADSL 2 ?

My guess is that you will be on 21CN but with a sync speed below 4000kbps the service has been set to ADSL1.
If you take a look at the graph on this Internode page you will see that for your sync speed expected ADSL1 and ADSL2 performance is very similar. In fact early trials showed having ADSL2 could be detrimental.
Since ADSL1 with interleaving off seems to be working well for you I suggest sticking with it. Smiley
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi r2obd,
Just to add to what spraxyt has rightly mentioned, due to the 1mb speed estimate for your line changing to ADSL2/2+ would most likely be detrimental so we'd advise keeping the connection as-is too.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
r2obd
Grafter

Ok all good then , i will isten to the experts.  Cool