cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL 2+ upgrade not working. Been waiting for this since Aug 15

NotBillMurphy

ADSL 2+ upgrade not working. Been waiting for this since Aug 15

I used to be on ADSL 2+ with another provider and perfectly satisfied with the 16-17Mbps. Switched to PlusNet in Aug 15 having been promised to get the same performance. Not true because PlusNet were only on ADSL on same exchange. They said BT Wholesale would be within a month. That's what BT Wholesale checker said so I didn't cancel the move. Then it got put back every month a few weeks at a time. That's just sly and devious. If I had known back then it would take 6 months to get the service I used to have, I would have cancelled.
I keep checking and lo and behold a week or so ago BT Wholesale checker says ADSL 2+ is  now available (before PlusNet tell me, I might add).I post on my support question and get told upgrade date of 16 Feb. Didn't happen. I get a text on 17 Feb am saying the upgrade had happened, Get home, no it hadn't. Try to contact PlusNet and all your systems were down.
Get home tonight, speed still only 6Mbps. No answer to the question. Check BT speedcheck, line enabled to 20.88Mbps. Hooray. Actual speed 6.6Mbps. Not good.
Post on question - still no response. Call customer services. Still hanging on now. Chat unavailable despite what it says on the voice menu.
Am I ever going to get the ADSL 2+ speeds as promised or do I just give up and go back to previous supplier?
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: ADSL 2+ upgrade not working. Been waiting for this since Aug 15

Can you test it in the next 15 minutes?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NotBillMurphy

Re: ADSL 2+ upgrade not working. Been waiting for this since Aug 15

As it happens, I did get through to the helpline around 19:50. They suggested to change Wi-Fi channel. During the call the line speed as given here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed went from 7.15 to 20.9 so it looks like something was done. Was that you? I am now getting good (18 - 19Mbps) on the same auto channel on wifi as I was only getting 6Mbps at 19:45. Something has changed so I'm guessing it was you?