Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS 2+ DLM

Mikewalsh
Grafter

ADS 2+ DLM

Hi Folks
I am now firmly on ADSL2+ and getting reasonable speeds however do not believe my speed is being maximised.
BT Speedtests have been showing a line profile of 7150 for several days (this is the maximum for the band I am in)
Last time this happened Matt said that the "actuate" speed was 6000 and sure enough an hour later my speedtests dropped accordingly.
The big however is that the plusnet profile was set to 6500 several weeks ago and doesn't appear to be tracking the BT speeds in either direction - I guess that as it is currently the lowest speed my throughput will be restricted accordingly?
Is there a problem with ADSL2+ DLM backend?
Rgds
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADS 2+ DLM

HI, I've checked BT system and have upped your line profile to match their 7150.
Jojo Smiley
Mikewalsh
Grafter

Many thanks JoJo  Cheesy
But shouldn't it have adjusted itself?
Download speed achieved during the test was - 6333 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8677 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 444 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 15.25:22.12:62.62 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
Rgds
Mike
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Mike, have a look at this, it's the line profile/sync rate expectations:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/broadband_terminology.shtml#dataRate
When you sync at these rates consistently for 72 hours then the line profile should automatically lift. Not sure why it didn't do it automatically before though.
Jojo Smiley