cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very boring subject slow speed!

Greylag

A very boring subject slow speed!

Every few months it seems that I have to make contact with Plusnet as I find my speed drops to a breathtaking....0.34 download and 0.04 upload speed.

Today a young lady told me there is nothing wrong from Plusnet's end, it was a BT line problem and of course BT say there is nothing wrong with their end.

I'm not really expecting someone on here to solve my problem, just have to let off steam.

I was wondering, if I change broadband provider to BT ( some friends use BT and are happy), at least I would avoid the buck passing.

I am trying to build up the energy to phone Plusnet back, usually take around 45 minutes to make contact, earlier today I got through in 5.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: A very boring subject slow speed!

Unfortunately BT Retail, BT Wholesale and Openreach are all separate companies so you will not avoid the buck passing. I assume that you have done all the checks using an Ethernet cable plugged into the test socket?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Greylag

Yes....done them all...just got through in 2 rings, currently waiting for call back.  Young lady thinks there is a fault and may need engineer.  Thanks for reply.

Greylag

Engineer calling Wednesday, just hope speed is restored.  My son lives in Colchester and has Fibre and 100 mgbs.  I wish!

Thanks again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies for the delayed response.

Let us know how you get on after the visit.

With regards to speeds fibre is available in your area with a estimated speed between 67 and 80mbps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team