cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A thread dealing with a number of issues but mainly for pointing out the inapprr

geewizz
Grafter

A thread dealing with a number of issues but mainly for pointing out the inapprr

I've just changed my account plan. The nonsense generated is just stunning  Cheesy
A simple confirmation mail is all that's required. What I got was disproportionate waffle. Its also fundamentally flawed because it states that I asked a question.
Here's what appears on the portal :

A record of your Help Assistant QuestionsQuestions - The question or information that you send to our Support Team using the Help Assistant. We'll send you an email telling you to come back here when the Support Team provides their response. and Service NoticesService Notices - the record of any account related events (such as taking payment for your account). You can read these by viewing your closed Questions.
Your open Questions:
Question Topic Status
Your question Awaiting your response
View:
Question topic: Your question | ID: 23604***  Open
Your original Question 1:25am, Monday 10th December 2007
This Customer has chosen to downgrade from "Free-Online Broadband Premier Option 1 (Annual Contract, No Modem)" to "Free-Online Broadband Your Way Option 3 (Monthly Contract) with included 20GB bandwidth" on their next invoice date (2007-12-14). The required CLI for the account is 0189*******. The Regrade fee for this downgrade is £0.00 (£0.00 inc VAT)
You have chosen a fixed cost Broadband Your Way option
- Lets you set a price limit for your broadband, if you know you don't want to pay any extra per month.
1:25am, Monday 10th December 2007
Your Contact Us Ticket has been placed on hold until Tuesday 11th December. If you have any further queries regarding this order, please raise this by creating a new ticket on your account as this issue will be unmonitored until the above date.
Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 9:07am, Tuesday 11th December 2007
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 23604*** ] has now been returned to the CSC - Account Change pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
CSA Removed
9:29am, Tuesday 11th December 2007
Dear Mr Geddes,
Your account type will change on 14/12/2007 to BBYW option 3
Please check the Account Summary section of the portal to confirm.
Regards,
CSA Removed
Earn up to £30 by recommending the UK's Best Overall Provider (uSwitch Survey, May 2007). Our 90-day guarantee means your friends and family can join us without risk, so start spreading the word today! Find out more at http://www.plus.net/referrals/offer.shtml

You what??  Grin
And all that is in addition to the emails. When i go to buy a loaf of bread, it's good to have the ingredients listed on the packaging for me to look at if I want to. I don't expect the supermarket to indulge me with a description of the road conditions endured by the delivery driver in getting the bread to the store and a copy of his taco disc.

Moderators note by Roger (Rogerloxton): CSA Names removed as per the Forum Rules
15 REPLIES 15
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Nonsense

We put this information on customers' accounts so they can see every change we make to them. It's basically an audit trail. I can't really see anything out of the ordinary on there, you requested an account change and when my colleague had done it he replied to the automated ticket stating so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
We put this information on customers' accounts so they can see every change we make to them. It's basically an audit trail. I can't really see anything out of the ordinary on there, you requested an account change and when my colleague had done it he replied to the automated ticket stating so.

I didn't ask any questions. I didn't have any "issues".
If you can't see that the waffle is nonsense to a customer then you're probably too deep in the world of  jargon and Newspeak to be saved now.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Any ticket raised is called a "Question", however, I do believe that this should have been renamed back to tickets.
Furthermore, I would adjust ones' tone accordingly, as it's obvious that the staff are only trying to help, only to be met with replies that seem a tad terse me ole china Wink

geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: rogerloxton
Any ticket raised is called a "Question", however, I do believe that this should have been renamed back to tickets.
Furthermore, I would adjust ones' tone accordingly, as it's obvious that the staff are only trying to help, only to be met with replies that seem a tad terse me ole china Wink

If any ticket raised is called a "Question" then that's the first thing that needs addressing. I didn't see that being addressed by the helpful member of staff.
I write concisely and efficiently. It would be hypocritical for me to do otherwise in this situation. How one interprets that is up to the individual.
James
Grafter

I feel your pain.
My manner of writing is often construed as being argumentative or abrupt so I geenrally have to watch what I actually type rather than wondering into a free flowing element of speech which people often take as being condescending Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Jameseh
My manner of writing is often construed as being argumentative or abrupt so I geenrally have to watch what I actually type rather than wondering into a free flowing element of speech which people often take as being condescending Smiley

Subtle!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

geewizz
Grafter

I feel your pain.

Maybe you should try using strange terms of endearment to wrap your posts. "Me ole china" might work.
James
Grafter

Quote from: axisofevil
Subtle!

I've not worked out how to do that bit yet.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: geewizz

Quote from: axisofevil
Subtle!

I've not worked out how to do that bit yet.

I think you have Grin
Did you mean that you type what you ought to think rather than what actually think?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: rogerloxton

I do agree with that especially as everyone refers to them as tickets.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: A thread dealing with a number of issues but mainly for pointing out the inapprr

I remember a statement from Plusnet a year or so back that they were going to be renamed back to tickets - I wish I could remember where!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Re: A thread dealing with a number of issues but mainly for pointing out the inapprr

Yep, I remember that.
We all refer to them as tickets, but we haven't done the work on Workplace and the Portal yet as it's fairly low priority.
Cue line about Development resource.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It seems they told PUG it was going to happen 25/08/2006
http://usergroup.plus.net/news_060825_pngremlins.php - Stop press
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Well on schedule then Tongue
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine