cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about moving to BT

Anonymous
Not applicable

A question about moving to BT

Can someone confirm my assumption that if I move one of my ADSL connections to BT I would get connected to a totally different VP thus avoiding what can be seen here?
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: A question about moving to BT

There's no certainty that moving to BT would connect you onto a different VP.
I think, given that we utilise BT's network, that you'd probably remain on the same VP as no manual work is carried out on these types of migrations.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Chris. That makes sense so even the change in routing would have no effect either then?
I'm asking for obvious reasons as even waiting on this page to make this entry was slow, and clicking on the Post button also results in a tum-tee-tum.
Should I report the cited thread as a fault? As I really need this fixing.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Most definitely raise it as a fault, perhaps the Faults Team can work with our suppliers to come up with a solution, or at the worst, give you a time frame as to when the VP issue is likely to be resolved.
You can log a fault at https://faults.plus.net
No, the change of routing wouldn't make much of a difference because you'd still be going through the same VP. It's a problem with the VP being over capacity, so it'll be affecting customers from various ISP's that utilise the BT Network 😕
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Chris
It's a problem with the VP being over capacity, so it'll be affecting customers from various ISP's that utilise the BT Network 😕

Well that was why I had this line moved to a new one as per the cited thread. But with what you say then why doesn't the other line that is on the same VP show similar results in it's graph?
As you can see here:

In the meantime I'll log a fault.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fault logged but no errors found. Spoke to really nice guy called Paul T, who called back when he said he would but the only thing he could do was escalate it, so I guess it's now a waiting game.
As you're shortlisted for the "Best Consumer Fixed Broadband" ISPA Award maybe getting this fixed will give you an extra 'Gold Star'.