cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new billing period, a new billing problem

Be3G
Grafter

A new billing period, a new billing problem

Ok, so today I've just begun a new billing period - 6 July to 5 August - and have therefore been invoiced for the last period. And on said invoice, number 16599718, I have discovered a random and entirely unwarranted £3.00 charge added to it with the description 'Call features option 1 charge for the period 06/07/2009 to 05/08/2009'. Erm, pardon? The only call features I have are normal voicemail and caller display, the latter of which I believe Mand has arranged for me to receive free in order to retain me as a Talk customer (as, after PN's price increase, BT worked out cheaper for me). So I don't believe I should be charged anything for caller display, but even if I was going to be charged for it, it would surely only be 99p - so where's the £3.00 come from?!
Also, my lack of referral discount as discussed in Poppy's thread here is still being a problem.
If anyone from PN can help sort this out I would appreciate it; I've not been billed correctly now since January, and it is getting somewhat tedious. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
paulby
Grafter

Re: A new billing period, a new billing problem

Exactly the same happened to me last month.
Jameseh had to arrange a "re-instatement of my home phone portal stuff" to get it fixed and then issue a £3 refund.
(I was told that I'd lose my historical call data because of the fix but this turned out not to be the case.)
This month I was double billed for line rental (which has also since been refunded) - once for my old product and once for my new one but both covering the same time period!!!
James
Grafter

Hi Thomas,
I'm very sorry about this.  It is something that we are aware of and will be emailing everyone that has been affected as well as ensuring that an appropriate refund is applied.
Be3G
Grafter

Hmm Ok. I am however concerned that Paul says he was then double-billed the following month - I guess that's another problem for me to look out for, then...
Be3G
Grafter

Any idea when the e-mails will be sent out and the refunds issued?
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
The script is running as we speak. You should have an email shortly.
Be3G
Grafter

Thanks Mand... however, it's either a very slow script or it's decided to miss me out, because I've not received anything. Huh
Mand
Grafter

Hmmmm, very strange. I've got a developer looking at this now.
Be3G
Grafter

So what's the situation then? Could I not just have a refund (or discount on next invoice) of the erroneous £3 and be done with it? I'm a little annoyed that I have to keep prodding people for what should be a simple rectification - it is now nine days after the mistake happened, which I think is long enough.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
There were 12 customers who did not get the refund, or the email (the reason for this was issues with the script/account status).
Your account was one of them, I've just actioned a £3 refund for you, and appropriate refunds for the other 11 customers.
I'm sorry that this has taken so long to get sorted for you.
Be3G
Grafter

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the refund then.